Let's face it - superhero movies aren't just for kids. Your kids may watch some corny cartoons featuring classic characters, but more mature superhero movies are complex films that help define the moral backbone of America. It's understandable parents want to get kids into superhero movies given the litany of life lessons that can be gleaned from the genre. Who better than Spiderman to teach your kids that with great power comes great responsibility? With the threat of killer drones and nuclear bombs, the Batman universe can show how technology can be directed towards great good and great evil. Here, you'll find some superhero movies for beginners. These films are appropriate for teens and tweens and can help ease them into the genre.
There are plenty of thematically rich classic superhero movies that are appropriate for kids. The Dark Knight may be scary, but it teaches about chaos versus order and how to fight back against nihilism even in a world that is cruel and often defies reason. Spider-Man can be heartbreaking, but it speaks to the importance of humility and charity. These - and plenty of other suggestions - are listed below.
What do you think are the best superhero movies for teens and tweens? Vote up your favorites below.
- Photo: Paramount PicturesIron Man is a 2008 American superhero film directed by Jon Favreau, based on the Marvel Comics character. After being held captive in an Afghan cave, billionaire engineer Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) creates a unique weaponized suit of armor to fight evil.... more on Wikipedia
10024Is this a good intro to superhero films?
- Actors: Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges
- Released: 2008
- Directed by: Jon Favreau
- Video: YouTubeThe Dark Knight is a 2008 superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan, based on the DC Comics character, Batman. Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale), Police Lieutenant James Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) form an alliance to dismantle organized wrong doings in Gotham City, but are menaced by a mad man known as the Joker (Heath Ledger) who seeks to undermine Batman's influence and create chaos. ... more on Wikipedia
9346Is this a good intro to superhero films?
- Actors: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart
- Released: 2008
- Directed by: Christopher Nolan
- Video: YouTubeBatman is a 1989 American superhero film directed by Tim Burton, based on the DC Comics character. The Dark Knight of Gotham City (Michael Keaton) begins his war on crime with his first major enemy being the clownishly homicidal Joker (Jack Nicholson).... more on Wikipedia
7937Is this a good intro to superhero films?
- Actors: Jack Nicholson, Kim Basinger, Michael Keaton, Jack Palance, Billy Dee Williams
- Released: 1989
- Directed by: Tim Burton
- Black Panther is a 2018 American superhero film, based on the Marvel Comics character, directed by Ryan Coogler. After the events of Captain America: Civil War, King TChalla (Chadwick Boseman) returns home to Wakanda only to find his sovereignty challenged by factions within his own country.... more on Wikipedia
7740Is this a good intro to superhero films?
- Actors: Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman
- Released: 2018
- Directed by: Ryan Coogler