While the concept of superhero characters who wear glasses has typically been tied to a particular hero using their spectacles to hide their true identity, most of these characters use their glasses to help augment their abilities.
Sure, the act of simply donning regular clothes and wearing glasses was enough to conceal a hero’s true identity back in the day, but the reasoning behind wearing glasses has changed over the years. Some characters have had poor eyesight or even issues with their eyes that require the use of glasses. Scott Summers, for example, dons his shades to help keep his optic lasers contained. However, glasses aren’t the only type of eyewear that certain heroes wear; some of the best superheroes who wear glasses opt for sunglasses (just to look cool), or custom-made lens wear necessary for their fighting abilities. What list of superheroes who wear glasses would be complete without them?
Vote up your favorite glasses-wearing superheroes to see which characters top the list. And if you see a character missing, add them!
- Photo: Marvel ComicsBlade is a fictional character, a superhero and vampire hunter in the Marvel Comics Universe. Created by writer Marv Wolfman and penciller Gene Colan, his first appearance was in the comic book The Tomb of Dracula #10 as a supporting character. The character went on to star and co-star in several comic book series as well as a Blade film series and television series. Actor Wesley Snipes portrayed the vampire hunter in the Blade film series while Kirk "Sticky Fingaz" Jones took on the role for the television series.... more
3311Do They Look Better With Glasses?
- Appears In: Blade II, Blade: Trinity, Blade, Marvel Universe
- Powers & Abilities: Martial arts, Healing factor, Superhuman speed, Superhuman strength
- Photo: Marvel ComicsHawkeye (Clinton Francis "Clint" Barton) is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Stan Lee and artist Don Heck, the character first appeared as a villain in Tales of Suspense #57 (Sept. 1964) and later joined the Avengers in The Avengers #16 (May 1965). He has been a prominent member of the team ever since. He was also ranked at #44 on IGN's Top 100 Comic Book Heroes list.... more
3616Do They Look Better With Glasses?
- Appears In: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Thor, The Avengers
- Powers & Abilities: Master archer and marksman
- Photo: Marvel Comics7
3920Do They Look Better With Glasses?
- Appears In: Marvel Comics
- Powers & Abilities: Highly skilled archer, fencer, swordswoman, martial artist, boxer
- Photo: Marvel ComicsGertrude Yorkes, is a fictional character in the Marvel Comics Runaways. She was created by author Brian K. Vaughan & artist Adrian Alphona, and debuted in Runaways vol. 1 #1 with most of the other main characters. Like every member of the original Runaways, she is the daughter of evil villains with special abilities; in Gert's case, time-travellers. Gertrude, often called "Gert" for short, is often regarded as the most "book-smart" of the Runaways yet also the most sarcastic and cynical. She has socialist leanings and is ethnically Jewish but spiritually agnostic. Gert is known for her sarcastic one-liners, a pair of glasses, and brown dyed purple hair. She stands at a rough height of 5'1"... more
267Do They Look Better With Glasses?
- Appears In: Marvel Universe, The Runaways
- Powers & Abilities: Psychic link to genetically engineered Deinonychus