While the concept of superhero characters who wear glasses has typically been tied to a particular hero using their spectacles to hide their true identity, most of these characters use their glasses to help augment their abilities.
Sure, the act of simply donning regular clothes and wearing glasses was enough to conceal a hero’s true identity back in the day, but the reasoning behind wearing glasses has changed over the years. Some characters have had poor eyesight or even issues with their eyes that require the use of glasses. Scott Summers, for example, dons his shades to help keep his optic lasers contained. However, glasses aren’t the only type of eyewear that certain heroes wear; some of the best superheroes who wear glasses opt for sunglasses (just to look cool), or custom-made lens wear necessary for their fighting abilities. What list of superheroes who wear glasses would be complete without them?
Vote up your favorite glasses-wearing superheroes to see which characters top the list. And if you see a character missing, add them!
- Photo: Marvel ComicsCyclops is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics and is a founding member of the X-Men. Created by writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby, the character first appeared in the comic book The X-Men #1. Cyclops is a member of a subspecies of humans known as mutants, who are born with superhuman abilities. Cyclops can emit powerful beams of energy from his eyes. He cannot control the beams without the aid of special eyewear which he must wear at all times. He is typically considered the first of the X-Men, a team of mutant heroes who fight for peace and equality between mutants and humans, and one of the team's primary leaders. Cyclops is most often... more
5413Do They Look Better With Glasses?
- Appears In: X2, X-Men, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Marvel Universe
- Photo: Marvel ComicsDaredevil is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Daredevil was created by writer-editor Stan Lee and artist Bill Everett, with an unspecified amount of input from Jack Kirby. The character first appeared in Daredevil #1 (April 1964). Writer/artist Frank Miller's influential tenure on the title in the early 1980s cemented the character as a popular and influential part of the Marvel Universe. Daredevil is commonly known by such epithets as the "Man Without Fear" and the "Devil of Hell's Kitchen".... more
4411Do They Look Better With Glasses?
- Appears In: Daredevil vs. Spider-Man, Daredevil, Marvel Universe
- Powers & Abilities: Martial arts
- Photo: DC Comics3
OracleOracle is a fictional character in the Marvel Universe.... more
3410Do They Look Better With Glasses?
- Appears In: Marvel Universe
- Powers & Abilities: Telepathy
- Photo: Marvel ComicsShe-Hulk is a fictional superheroine that appears in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Stan Lee and artist John Buscema, she first appeared in Savage She-Hulk #1. A cousin to Dr. Bruce Banner, Walters once received an emergency blood transfusion from him when she was wounded, which led to her acquiring a milder version of his Hulk condition. As such, Walters becomes a large powerful green-hued version of herself while still largely retaining her personality; in particular she retains her intelligence and emotional control, though like Hulk, she still becomes stronger if enraged. In later issues, her transformation is permanent. She-Hulk has been a member of... more
3612Do They Look Better With Glasses?
- Appears In: Marvel Universe
- Powers & Abilities: Healing factor