Although many heroes can wield incredible, mystical powers and abilities, there’s something nostalgic about characters who can use super strength. Dating back to the start of comic books, superhuman strength was one of the first basic abilities.
Although the gauging of their real strength varies based on their particular comic book universe (or series), superstrong superheroes wield a power that far exceeds the abilities of any mere mortal. From Superman and Shazam to Hercules and the Hulk, this list of characters includes heroes with natural skills, altered abilities due to genetics or species, and even those who have gained their powers from others. Who is your pick for the strongest superhero?
Vote up your favorite super strong superheroes and add any characters you think deserve to be on this list.
- Superman is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics, as well as its associated media. Superman is widely considered an American cultural icon. The Superman character was created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster, high school students living in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1933; the character was sold to Detective Comics, Inc. in 1938. Superman first appeared in Action Comics #1 and subsequently appeared in various radio serials, newspaper strips, television programs, films, and video games. With the success of his adventures, Superman helped to create the superhero genre and establish its primacy within the American comic book. Superman's appearance... more
20030Are they the strongest superhero?
- Appears In: Smallville, Superboy, Adventures of Superman, Justice League Unlimited, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
- Powers & Abilities: Flight, Healing factor, Eidetic memory, Superhuman speed, Superhuman strength
- Wonder Woman is a fictional superhero who appears in comic books published by DC Comics. The character is a warrior princess of the Amazons and is known in her homeland as Princess Diana of Themyscira. When outside her homeland, she is sometimes known by the secret identity Diana Prince. She is gifted with a wide range of superhuman powers and superior combat and battle skills. ... more
18827Are they the strongest superhero?
- Appears In: Justice League Unlimited, Wonder Woman, Batman vs. Superman, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Justice League: Doom
- Powers & Abilities: Flight, Regeneration, Superhuman speed, Hand-to-hand combat, Superhuman strength
- Supergirl is a fictional character, a superhero appearing in comic books published by DC Comics and related media. The character was created by writer Otto Binder and designed by artist Al Plastino. Going by the real name Kara Zor-El, Supergirl is the biological cousin and female counterpart to DC Comic's iconic superhero Superman, created by writer Jerome Siegel and designed by artist Joseph Shuster. The Supergirl character first appeared in a story published in Action Comics #252 titled "The Supergirl from Krypton." Since the character's comic book debut, Kara Zor-El's Supergirl has been adapted into various media relating to the Superman franchise, including merchandise, television, and... more
17130Are they the strongest superhero?
- Appears In: Supergirl, Movie 43, DC Universe
- Powers & Abilities: Flight, Healing factor, Heat Ray Vision
- Shazam is a comic book character created by Bill Parker and C. C. Beck for Fawcett Comics. He is an ancient wizard who gives young Billy Batson the power to transform into the superhero Captain Marvel. DC Comics has billed Captain Marvel's adventures under the title Shazam! since 1973. In 2012, DC officially and controversially changed Captain Marvel's name to Shazam.... more
17235Are they the strongest superhero?
- Appears In: Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam
- Powers & Abilities: Flight, Magic in Harry Potter, Telepathy, Superhuman speed