Swiss Chalet recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Swiss Chalet menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Swiss Chalet, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Swiss Chalet popular food, so you can bring the exotic tastes of one of the top chain restaurants to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Swiss Chalet was founded in Toronto in 1954 and became known for its signature quarter chicken dinner. The restaurant also offers ribs, a variety of sides, and a seasonal menu that includes stuffing and cranberry sauce. And, for people who attempted to decipher the lyrics of the Barenaked Ladies' song "One Week", this is the restaurant referred to as Chalet Swiss (a name the chain briefly adopted in French-speaking markets).
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Making Swiss Chalet recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Swiss Chalet recipes from around the Web.
Rotisserie ChickenPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
1 (3 to 4 pound ) whole chicken (boneless chicken breasts if desired)- Mix all ingredients, except for chicken in a large plastic bag.
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon onion salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dehydrated tomato soup mix
1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon savoury
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 cup water
- Add chicken; refrigerate for at least 6 hours, best overnight.
- Cook chicken in rotisserie oven until meat is tender.12041Would you try this?
Swiss Chalet Dipping SaucePhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
3 C. water- Pour water and tomato juice into a saucepan; add all except lemon juice, cornstarch, water and oil.
1/4 C. tomato juice
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp white sugar
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. dried mustard
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 bay leaf
3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
6 drops Tabasco sauce
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Stir with whisk thoroughly; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in lemon juice.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tbsp water; stir into sauce.
- Cook and stir constantly until sauce thickens; whisk in vegetable oil. Makes 3 cups.10049Would you try this?
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
1 pound chicken breast fillets- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1 pound chicken thigh fillets
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced celery
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
1 cup sliced carrot
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
2 cups egg noodles
- Rub a little vegetable oil over the surface of each piece of chicken; arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes; remove chicken from oven and set it aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; saute onion and celery in the saucepan for 4-5 minutes.
- Dice chicken; add to the pot along with remaining ingredients, except noodles.
- Bring soup to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer for another 15 minutes until noodles are tender; serve with a pinch of minced fresh parsley sprinkled on top.7441Would you try this?
Cheesy Garlic Herb BreadPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
1 loaf sourdough bread- Preheat your oven to 350.
1/2 cup pesto
8 oz mozzarella
salt and pepper to taste
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet; place bread on top of the foil.
- Slice bread horizontally and vertically every 2 inches halfway before reaching the bottom.
- Spread pesto in between cracks; gently stuff cheese into bread.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted; let bread cool for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper before serving.2616Would you try this?