Chores. Niceties. Tasks: those nasty and/or tedious things we have to do in life to pretend to be civilized. They are the things that separate us from animals. We hate them all, but which are the worst? You know, the chores that you face with the enthusiasm of a firing squad. These are the most loathsome tasks and chores in our everyday lives. Vote up your least favorites, and, as always, add any you see missing.
When it comes to cleaning up after your pets, you'd be hard pressed to find a single person who would enjoy doing this task. Pets are awesome to have, but can be a gargantuan pain to take care of. It is simple tasks like this that make you loathe things that you should love. Other everyday tasks that are awful include cleaning the shower, unclogging the toilet and even going to the DMV, which no one loves doing, even its employees. The common hatred of these every day tasks is what can unite people from all walks of life.Let's all revel in our hate. Together.
- So. Gross.
A micro-thin layer of plastic between your hand and s**t.
- Enough hair to re-hair Picard.
- Because spiders, that's why.
How does stuff get up under the rim like that?
- looksharp added
Leave me alone, I'm binge watching.
- The thrill of spending hours waiting to find out you didn't fill out the right form.
- Fresh scent. Right.
- arun added
So many boxes.
- The scrubbing bubbles may be cute, but they sure as hell are lazy.
- Buster McDermott added
Kill me now.
- Because what's in that diaper should not look like that.
- Elise Hennigan added
Math is great!
- carlybobarly addedChiseling dried food into scalding hot water... several times a day, every day, forever
- ChloeFletcher added
Did you even know it was possible?
- LaurieM addedNo problem washing, even folding, but it's that last step that seems insurmountable. Plus, my cat looks so comfortable on the piles.
- Did you know leaves turn to compost when you leave them up there too long? I do. Now.
- Admit it, sometimes you just pull the leaves and stems off.
- The ladder is all the way in the garage.
Tomorrow I swear I'll go to the gym tomorrow.
- Clark Benson added
It grows back so fast.
When will wrinkled shirts finally be hip?
- Snow down your shirt and up your sleeves, plus an aching back.
- You need an archeologist for this one.