A list of root vegetables and tubers. These are edible plants in which the leaves, stems, flowers, or roots are edible. This list does not include edible plants that are funguses, seeds, or treated as fruits. Something to consider: the word vegetable is based on culinary tradition. It is not scientific. Edible plants traditionally used to make savory dishes are typically considered to be types of vegetables. That said, some vegetables are occasionally used to also make sweet dishes, such as carrots, rhubarb, and even avocados. While some of the vegetables on this list may be eaten raw, more often than not, vegetables are cooked. So whether you're a vegetarian, vegan, or just a well rounded carnivore, enjoy this list of root vegetables and tubers. If you want to add your favorite root veggies to this list, just type in the name and click add. While you're at it, don't forget to vote for your favorites!
- 416109Latin Name: Daucus Carota Subsp. Sativus
- 354100Latin Name: Ipomoea batatas
- 253122Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- 17396Latin Name: Pastinaca Sativa
- 10640Latin Name: Arctium, Family Asteraceae
- 15193Latin Name: Brassica spp.
Yellow Lily YamLatin Name: Amorphophallus glabra
- 8241Latin Name: Scorzonera hispanica
- 10465Latin Name: Brassica spp.
Black CuminLatin Name: Bunium persicum
Parsley RootLatin Name: Petroselinum spp.
- 8360Latin Name: Manihot esculenta
- 6745Latin Name: Raphanus Sativus Var. Longipinnatus
AhipaLatin Name: Pachyrhizus spp.
Native GingerLatin Name: Hornstedtia scottiana
- 4941Latin Name: Apium Graveolens Rapaceum
SkirretLatin Name: Sium sisarum
YacónLatin Name: Smallanthus sonchifolius