A list of root vegetables and tubers. These are edible plants in which the leaves, stems, flowers, or roots are edible. This list does not include edible plants that are funguses, seeds, or treated as fruits. Something to consider: the word vegetable is based on culinary tradition. It is not scientific. Edible plants traditionally used to make savory dishes are typically considered to be types of vegetables. That said, some vegetables are occasionally used to also make sweet dishes, such as carrots, rhubarb, and even avocados. While some of the vegetables on this list may be eaten raw, more often than not, vegetables are cooked. So whether you're a vegetarian, vegan, or just a well rounded carnivore, enjoy this list of root vegetables and tubers. If you want to add your favorite root veggies to this list, just type in the name and click add. While you're at it, don't forget to vote for your favorites!
- 425111Latin Name: Daucus Carota Subsp. Sativus
- 358102Latin Name: Ipomoea batatas
- 257125Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- 17597Latin Name: Pastinaca Sativa
- 15295Latin Name: Brassica spp.
Yellow Lily YamLatin Name: Amorphophallus glabra
- 8342Latin Name: Scorzonera hispanica
- 10566Latin Name: Brassica spp.
Black CuminLatin Name: Bunium persicum
Parsley RootLatin Name: Petroselinum spp.
- 8459Latin Name: Manihot esculenta
- 6846Latin Name: Raphanus Sativus Var. Longipinnatus
AhipaLatin Name: Pachyrhizus spp.
Native GingerLatin Name: Hornstedtia scottiana
- 5041Latin Name: Apium Graveolens Rapaceum
SkirretLatin Name: Sium sisarum
YacónLatin Name: Smallanthus sonchifolius
- 3740Latin Name: Arctium, Family Asteraceae