A list of root vegetables and tubers. These are edible plants in which the leaves, stems, flowers, or roots are edible. This list does not include edible plants that are funguses, seeds, or treated as fruits. Something to consider: the word vegetable is based on culinary tradition. It is not scientific. Edible plants traditionally used to make savory dishes are typically considered to be types of vegetables. That said, some vegetables are occasionally used to also make sweet dishes, such as carrots, rhubarb, and even avocados. While some of the vegetables on this list may be eaten raw, more often than not, vegetables are cooked. So whether you're a vegetarian, vegan, or just a well rounded carnivore, enjoy this list of root vegetables and tubers. If you want to add your favorite root veggies to this list, just type in the name and click add. While you're at it, don't forget to vote for your favorites!
- 1429111Latin Name: Daucus Carota Subsp. Sativus
- 2357103Latin Name: Ipomoea batatas
- 4259126Latin Name: Beta vulgaris
- 7177101Latin Name: Pastinaca Sativa
YacónLatin Name: Smallanthus sonchifolius
SalsifyLatin Name: Tragopogon spp.
- 118543Latin Name: Scorzonera hispanica
Yellow Lily YamLatin Name: Amorphophallus glabra
- 13151100Latin Name: Brassica spp.
Black CuminLatin Name: Bunium persicum
Desert YamLatin Name: Ipomoea costata
- 1610569Latin Name: Brassica spp.
- 188660Latin Name: Manihot esculenta
- 196848Latin Name: Raphanus Sativus Var. Longipinnatus
Parsley RootLatin Name: Petroselinum spp.
AhipaLatin Name: Pachyrhizus spp.
- 225243Latin Name: Apium Graveolens Rapaceum
Native GingerLatin Name: Hornstedtia scottiana