Young love and a dance floor are all you need to get swept away in the best teen dance movies. The top teen movies about dancing feature young people using dance to express a variety of emotions, from the passion of young love to the drama of interpersonal strife. This is a list of teen dance films featuring favorites like Saturday Night Fever to Center Stage to Save the Last Dance.
What movies will you find on this list of the best dance movies for teens? You might vote the beloved hit Dirty Dancing to the top. “Nobody puts Baby in a corner,” and nobody dances better than Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey in this 1987 classic. Footloose – starring Kevin Bacon as the rebellious new kid Ren McCormack – is another good teen dance movie. Sarah Jessica Parker shines in the 1985 movie Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Other good films featured on this top teen movies about dancing list include Battle of the Year, First Position, and Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights.
Which of these teen dance dramas deserves the top spot on this list? That's up to you to decide. Give your personal picks a thumbs up to move them toward number one, and please add any titles that are missing.
- Tyler Gage (Channing Tatum) has been in and out of trouble for most of his life and after finding himself before the judge again, he is sentenced to 200 hours of community service mopping floors at ...more
- Baby (Jennifer Grey) is one listless summer away from the Peace Corps. Hoping to enjoy her youth while it lasts, she's disappointed when her summer plans deposit her at a sleepy resort in the ...more
- Sara (Julia Stiles) is moved from a small Midwestern town to the south side of Chicago when her mother dies in a car accident, and must live with her father. She soon falls for an African American ...more
- Step Up 2: The Streets is a 2008 American dance film. It is the sequel to the 2006 film Step Up from Touchstone Pictures. The film was directed by Jon M. Chu and choreographed by Jamal Sims, Hi-Hat ...more
- Moving in from Chicago, newcomer Ren McCormack (Kevin Bacon) is in shock when he discovers the small Midwestern town he now calls home has made dancing and rock music illegal. As he struggles to fit ...more
- Experience the friendships, romances and adventures of a group of high school kids in the 1950s. Welcome to the singing and dancing world of "Grease," the most successful movie musical of all time. A ...more
- As a transplant from Boston, teenager Ren MacCormack (Kenny Wormald) gets a big dose of culture shock when he moves to a small Southern town called Bomont. A few years prior, a fatal accident ...more
- Another Cinderella Story is a 2008 teen romantic comedy musical dance film directed by Damon Santostefano and starring Selena Gomez, Drew Seeley and Jane Lynch. The film was released directly to DVD ...more
- Honey Daniels (Jessica Alba) dreams of making a name for herself as a hip-hop choreographer. When she's not busy hitting downtown clubs with her friends, she teaches dance classes at a nearby ...more
- Newly arrived in Miami, young dancer Emily (Kathryn McCormick) dreams of becoming a professional. She soon meets and falls in love with Sean (Ryan Guzman), the leader of a dance crew called "the ...more
- A dozen adolescents have begun their training at the renowned American Ballet Academy, where they encounter tremendous physical and mental stress while vying for a coveted spot in a celebrated dance ...more
- After his brother's death, a troubled but gifted street dancer enrolls in Atlanta's Truth University. As he tries to concentrate on his studies and woo a pretty classmate, he finds himself in the ...more
- High Strung Free Dance is a 2019 American dance film directed by Michael Damian. A young choreographer makes an unconventional choice by casting a contemporary dancer and an innovative pianist for a ...more
- New York's street-dancing underground forms the background for the tale of two tight-knit dancers, Luke (Rick Malambri) and Natalie (Sharni Vinson). The talented duo join forces with a New York ...more
- Honey 2 is a comedy, drama and music film written by Blayne Weaver, Alyson Fouse and directed by Bille Woodruff. Motion Picture Rating (MPAA) Rated it PG-13 for some sexual content and language. It ...more
- American high-school student Katey (Romola Garai) moves with her wealthy parents (Sela Ward, John Slattery) to Cuba in 1958. She encounters Javier (Diego Luna), a poor local who works as a waiter, ...more
- Tony Manero (John Travolta) doesn't have much going for him during the weekdays. He still lives at home and works as a paint store clerk in his Brooklyn, N.Y., neighborhood. But he lives for the ...more
- Center Stage 2: Turn it Up or Center Stage 2 is the official sequel to the 2000 dance drama film Center Stage. The film was directed by Steven Jacobson and written by Karen Bloch Morse, based on ...more
- Young men and women audition for coveted spots at the New York High School of Performing Arts. Those who make the cut discover that it takes a lot of hard work to become a star and sometimes ...more
- At New York's High School of Performing Arts, students (Asher Book, Kristy Flores, Paul Iacono) from all walks of life get the chance to hone their skills as singers, actors, dancers and more. Over ...more
- Though she's a talented gymnast, Janey (Sarah Jessica Parker) has always followed the orders of her strict Army colonel father and stayed out of the spotlight. However, when she moves to a new town ...more
- Six years after his glittering triumph in the disco dance contest of "Saturday Night Fever," an older and wiser Tony Manero (John Travolta) works as a serious dance teacher in New York City and ...more
- Save the Last Dance 2 is a direct-to-video sequel to 2001's theatrical feature Save the Last Dance. It was released to DVD on October 10, 2006 by Paramount Home Entertainment and MTV. While featuring ...more
- A troubled youth (Collins Pennie) must put his problems aside to lead a dance troupe in a national competition.