List of the best Terry-Thomas movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Terry-Thomas's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Terry-Thomas movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Terry-Thomas movies will be at the top of the list. Terry-Thomas has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Terry-Thomas movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Terry-Thomas films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Terry-Thomas role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Terry-Thomas performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Examples of films on this list include The Green Man and I'm All Right Jack."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Terry-Thomas movies?" and "What are the greatest Terry-Thomas roles of all time?"
- School for Scoundrels is a 1960 British comedy film, directed by Robert Hamer, starring Ian Carmichael and Terry-Thomas, and inspired by the "Gamesmanship" series of books by Stephen Potter. It has ...more
- Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines; Or, How I Flew from London to Paris in 25 Hours 11 Minutes is a 1965 British comedy film starring Stuart Whitman, Sarah Miles, Robert Morley, ...more
- The story begins during a massive traffic jam, caused by reckless driver Smiler Grogan (Jimmy Durante), who, before kicking the bucket, cryptically tells the assembled drivers that he's buried a ...more
- When Lily (Billie Whitelaw), a maid at Dame Beatrice's (Athene Seyler) boarding house, steals a mink coat to give to Beatrice, the other residents of the house organize to return the coat and save ...more
- Drivers have come from all over the world to compete in the annual race at Monte Carlo, Monaco. Sir Cuthbert Ware-Armitage (Terry-Thomas) is a wealthy industrialist who, on the eve of the rally, ...more
- Upper-class but unemployable Stanley Windrush (Ian Carmichael) is offered an unskilled job on the floor of a missile factory owned by his unscrupulous Uncle Bertram (Dennis Price). When personnel ...more
- In a mythical land, woodcutter Jonathan (Bernard Miles) agrees not to chop down the oldest tree in the forest in return for three wishes granted by the Forest Queen. After he wastes two wishes ...more
- As World War II settles over England, university student Stanley Windrush (Ian Carmichael) receives his call-up. During training, Windrush is plunged into a thoroughly unfamiliar world, with his ...more
- Stanley Ford (Jack Lemmon) is a successful cartoonist and happily single. That is, until, he gets drunk at a friend's bachelor party and impulsively proposes to the beautiful woman who pops out of ...more
- Fingers (George Cole) and his gang of incompetent crooks try to rob the rich Bill Gordon (Terry-Thomas), but they come up empty-handed. Undeterred by the failure, Fingers plots to kidnap Gordon's ...more
- The Naked Truth is a 1957 British film comedy starring Terry-Thomas, Peter Sellers and Dennis Price. Peggy Mount, Shirley Eaton and Joan Sims also appear. It was produced and directed by Mario Zampi ...more
- When the students of St. Trinian's, an all-girl preparatory school, see their school commandeered by police forces, the devilish girls find ways to turn the situation into bedlam. Soon afterward, ...more
- The Last Remake of Beau Geste is a 1977 American historical comedy film. It starred and was also directed and co-written by Marty Feldman. It is a satire loosely based on the novel Beau Geste, a ...more
- In a desperate attempt to reach his ill wife, organist Anton Phibes (Vincent Price) is horrifically disfigured in a car accident and presumed dead. When he learns that his wife died during an ...more
- When Great Britain discovers that its small colony Gaillardia is the subject of much interest from the U.S. and Soviet Union, dullard diplomat Carlton-Browne (Terry-Thomas) is dispatched to the ...more
- Our Man in Marrakesh is a 1966 British comedy spy film directed by Don Sharp and starring Tony Randall, Herbert Lom and Senta Berger.
- Unknown to everyone but his shady Middle Eastern bosses, watchmaker Hawkins (Alastair Sim) is actually a professional hired assassin with a predilection for killing his targets with bombs. After ...more
- Brothers in Law is a 1957 British comedy film directed by Roy Boulting and starring Richard Attenborough, Ian Carmichael, Terry-Thomas and Jill Adams. It is an adaptation of the novel Brothers in Law ...more
- When the tiny nation of Grand Fenwick suffers a plumbing malfunction, Prime Minister Rupert Mountjoy (Ron Moody) decides to use the competitive nature of the space race to his advantage. He requests ...more
- Where Were You When the Lights Went Out? is a 1968 American comedy film with Doris Day, directed by Hy Averback. Although it is set in New York City during the infamous Northeast Blackout of 1965, in ...more
- Strange Bedfellows is an American comedy film directed by Melvin Frank, starring Rock Hudson, Gina Lollobrigida, Gig Young, and Terry-Thomas, and released by Universal Studios.
- Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die is a James Bond spoof film released in 1966 as an Italian-American co-production between Dino De Laurentiis' Cinematografica and Columbia Pictures. Directed by Henry ...more
- The Thirteen Chairs is a 1969 comedy film based on The Twelve Chairs, a 1928 satirical novel by the Soviet authors Ilf and Petrov. It was directed by Nicolas Gessner and Luciano Lucignani, and ...more
- After American oilman Cooper (Cyril Wheeler) lands in England deathly sick with smallpox, a detective for the World Health Organization named Archibald Bannister (Terry-Thomas), attempts to find out ...more
- Munster, Go Home! is a 1966 American film based on the hit 1960s family television sitcom The Munsters. It was directed by Earl Bellamy, who also directed a number of episodes in the series. The film ...more