List of celebrity autobiographies, ranked best to worst by fans. Books written by famous people in Hollywood are included in this list, as are more recent memoirs. So what makes a celebrity memoir a must-read? The more revealing and candid the author writes, the better. Juicy details about the lives of the rich and famous makes celebrity autobiographies some of the best-selling books of all time. This list of best superstar memoirs and autobiographies has the most scandalous details and intimate truths about film and television icons, legendary rock stars and musicians, popular stand-up comedians, as well as news and media personalities. But what is the best celebrity autobiography?
The greatest celebrity autobiographies range from inspirational to tragic and elegant to trashy, but the one thing that connect these top-selling memoirs is that they are all very entertaining to read. Each page-turning chapter of these true-to-life diaries and confessions, which are mostly written by or co-written by the celeb, take readers behind the closed doors and behind the scenes. Some autobiographies written by famous people are funny, irreverent, and candid while others expose the dark side of fame and fortune. These are just some of the reasons why millions of readers can't wait to get their hands on a book written by a celebrity author once it comes out.
Do you love reading about juicy gossip, surprising scandals, and Hollywood controversies straight from the stars's mouths? Then vote on the list of the best celebrity autobiographies below and add your favorite superstar memoir if you don't see it. Expand your library of knowledge and check out these other book lists on Ranker, including the best celebrity biographies, the best movies based on books, and list of life-changing books - or check out what celebrities are releasing memoirs in 2019.
- 31338American on Purpose: The Improbable Adventures of an Unlikely Patriot is a memoir written by... more
- 27726Chronicles, Volume One is the first part of Bob Dylan's planned 3-volume memoir. Published on... more
- 27129Not Young, Still Restless: A Memoir is a book written by Jeanne Cooper....
- 27532Audition: A Memoir is a 2008 best-selling autobiography by American journalist and television... more
- 26265Who I Am: A Memoir is a book by Pete Townshend.... more
- 18133Miles to Go is an autobiography by Miley Cyrus, co-written by Hilary Liftin and published by... more
- 17134Still Foolin' 'Em: Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys? is a book...
- 18258Wishful Drinking is an autobiographical book by American actress and author Carrie Fisher,... more
- 385181Bossypants is an autobiographical comedy book written by American comedian Tina Fey. The book... more
- 23289Scar Tissue is the autobiography of Red Hot Chili Peppers vocalist Anthony Kiedis. It was... more
- 18462Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story is a 2012 book written by Arnold Schwarzenegger....
- 15343Little Girl Lost is a book written by Charles Ardai.... more
- 14947I Am Ozzy is the autobiography of Ozzy Osbourne, vocalist of Black Sabbath and solo singer. It... more
- 13944Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life is a memoir, released November 20, 2007, by Steve Martin, an... more
- 14346Cash: The Autobiography is a 1997 autobiography of Johnny Cash, country musician, written... more
- 18272Mindy KalingIs Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) is a 2011 book written by Mindy... more
- 11126I, Tina is a 1986 autobiography by rock singer Tina Turner, co-written by MTV news... more