Celebrities make a large amount of money from appearing in television and movies, but they can augment their already large income by appearing in commercials. Celebrity endorsement are ways for brands to get some of their best advertisements. They can promote their best products with famous people. A celebrity already has an audience, so the company knows that they can potentially associate their brand with one of these celebrities.
These celebrity jobs aren't always as easy as sitting still for a photo shoot. They sometimes require years of commitment. Say you were a famous person working for Pepsi. Don't even think about picking up a Coke. A paparazzi could snap a shot of you doing that, and you might get sued by Pepsi for breach of contract. While you're under contract as a spokesperson, you need to be fully responsible for making people believe that you use that product. Because you become a proxy for that product.
- In 1980, Brooke Shields was modeling for Calvin Klein Jeans. She was very beautiful. She still looks beautiful. I guess "if you wear Calvin Klein Jeans you will retain your beauty." You hear that piece of copy, Calvin Klein?
3629Agree or disagree?
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
- William Shatner has been the celebrity spokesperson for Priceline since 1997. This former starship captain is helping people cross the globe at a good rate. His character is dryly self-aware.
3326Agree or disagree?
- Age: 89
- Birthplace: Côte Saint-Luc, Canada
- Ricardo Montalbán promoted the 1975 Chrysler Cordoba, with his blend of flair and international mystery. This star of "Fantasy Island" got people excited about jumping into the newest model of this Chrysler vehicle.
2217Agree or disagree?
- Age: Dec. at 89 (1920-2009)
- Birthplace: Mexico City, Mexico
- In 1986, Kelly LeBrock proclaimed "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" as a way to thwart potential haters. Don't blame her, blame the awesome power of Pantene. If you use this product, your hair could also cause haters to target you.
2218Agree or disagree?
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America