Celebrities make a large amount of money from appearing in television and movies, but they can augment their already large income by appearing in commercials. Celebrity endorsement are ways for brands to get some of their best advertisements. They can promote their best products with famous people. A celebrity already has an audience, so the company knows that they can potentially associate their brand with one of these celebrities.
These celebrity jobs aren't always as easy as sitting still for a photo shoot. They sometimes require years of commitment. Say you were a famous person working for Pepsi. Don't even think about picking up a Coke. A paparazzi could snap a shot of you doing that, and you might get sued by Pepsi for breach of contract. While you're under contract as a spokesperson, you need to be fully responsible for making people believe that you use that product. Because you become a proxy for that product.
- In 1984, before she moved to Melrose Place, Heather Locklear was the spokesperson for Faberge Organic Shampoo. In addition to selling hair care products, she also freaked out audiences by freakishly multiplying on screen.
2415Agree or disagree?
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: Westwood, Los Angeles, California
- In 1980, Jane Russell pitched Playtex Bras. You may not know who Jane Russell was, but your grandpa probably thought she was hot since she had large breasts. Hey, not any absolute truths here, but I bet if you ask your grandpa about her, he'll say the same thing.
2112Agree or disagree?
- Age: Dec. at 90 (1921-2011)
- Birthplace: Bemidji, Minnesota, United States of America
- William Shatner has been the celebrity spokesperson for Priceline since 1997. This former starship captain is helping people cross the globe at a good rate. His character is dryly self-aware.
3225Agree or disagree?
- Age: 89
- Birthplace: Côte Saint-Luc, Canada
- In 1980, Brooke Shields was modeling for Calvin Klein Jeans. She was very beautiful. She still looks beautiful. I guess "if you wear Calvin Klein Jeans you will retain your beauty." You hear that piece of copy, Calvin Klein?
3428Agree or disagree?
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: New York City, Manhattan, USA, New York