Parents are always in search of healthy snacks. Kids are a paradox. They are often hungry, but also picky. It can be hard to get your kid to snack on something that's good for them, but there are plenty of simple foods that most kids will eat. This is a list of healthy snacks for kids that you don't need to buy in single wrapped packages and that they usually won't turn down. Vote for your favorite go-to snack, and add anything you think is missing.
- Blend up yogurt, honey and the fruit of their choice.
- High in calories, but super high in protein... and all kids love it.
- Sure, salty. But also good for dipping in hummus or subbing in for chips.
- Lower in fat than most cheeses, and you still get the calcium.
- Watermelon, Cantaloupe and Honeydew. Never passed up.
Whole Grain WafflesVans makes toaster waffles that toast in minutes.
- Another easy snack. Watch the added sugar.
Whole Grain CerealCan be bagged dry for a snack or just munched on with milk. Check the sugar amount.
- Apricots, Mangos, Apples ... anything that can be dried.
- An easy one. All kids seem to love hummus.
Whole Wheat NoodlesWhole wheat puts nutrition into something your kids always want to eat.
RaisinsThe king of the easy snack.
- Buy one of those egg slicers so your kid can slice his own egg. It's a fun way to get them to eat eggs.
Whole Wheat Cheese QuesadillaBleach flour tortillas are not particularly good for you, so counter that with whole wheat.
Low Fat Ham