The Best New Late Night Shows of the Last Few Years
Late night TV has always had a special place in American entertainment, but the recent onslaught of politically oriented and satirical approaches to the platform mean late night talk shows are often the catalysts for discussions about current events. From Trevor Noah to Elmo, some of the best new late night hosts don't just entertain. They also inform and inspire, challenging their audiences to really think.
What shows will you find on this list? Larry Wilmore and Amber Ruffin, both with plenty of late night writing under their belts, struck out on their own with late night shows in 2020. Sesame Street star Elmo broke out on his own to host The Not Too Late Show with Elmo - which may air earlier, but it's on streaming so you can watch it as late as you want. Other good new late night talk shows include Lights Out With David Spade, Desus & Mero, and The Problem With Jon Stewart.
Do you have a favorite late night show that has premiered since 2019? Give the best series a thumbs up.
- Jon Stewart takes a deep dive into important topics in the United States.
- Actors: Jon Stewart
- Premiered: September 30, 2021
- David Spade and his celebrity friends break down the biggest pop-culture headlines of the day.
- Actors: David Spade
- Premiered: July 29, 2019
- From her clubhouse, the star hangs with celebrities, performs sketch and musical comedy and more.
- Actors: Lilly Singh
- Premiered: September 16, 2019
- A signature smart-and-silly take on the week.
- Actors: Amber Ruffin
- Premiered: September 25, 2020
- Host Larry Wilmore and high-profile guests discuss the 2020 presidential election.
- Actors: Larry Wilmore
- Premiered: September 18, 2020
- Photo: user uploaded image6
Problematic with Moshe KasherProblematic with Moshe Kasher (Comedy Central, 2017) is an American late-night talk show. In the form of a weekly talk show, liberal comedian, Moshe Kasher, discusses and examines the most divisive issues of modern society with a particular focus on the never ending polarization in the online community.
- Actors: Moshe Kasher