This list contains information about the best musical comedians, loosely ranked by user votes. The best musical comedians come in many forms. Some famous musical comedians play guitar while other musical comedians compose hilarious parody songs. A few hilarious musical comedians have gone on to become some of the most successful stand-ups in the world.
Who will you find on this top musical comedians list? “Weird Al” Yankovic has to be at the top. The Grammy Award winning comedian's 2014 release, Mandatory Fun, rose to No. 1 on the Billboard charts – a rare feat for a musical comedian. “White & Nerdy,” “Eat It,” and “Like a Surgeon” are among his most popular tracks. Tenacious D – comprised of Jack Black and Kyle Gass – is another hilarious act that combines music and comedy.
Zach Galifianakis' piano-based poems always get lots of laughs when the comedian performs live. Other funny people featured on this best musical comedians list include Reggie Watts, Spinal Tap, and Adam Sandler.
How will we ever determine which musical comedian deserves the top spot on this list? Help us decide by giving your favorites a thumbs up and please add any comedians who play instruments we may have missed.
- Alfred Matthew "Weird Al" Yankovic ( YANG-kə-vik; born October 23, 1959) is an American singer-songwriter, record producer, satirist, actor, voice actor, music video director, comedian, and author. ...more
- Monty Python (also collectively known as the Pythons) are a British surreal comedy group who created the sketch comedy television show Monty Python's Flying Circus, which first aired on the BBC in ...more
- Stephen Glenn Martin (born August 14, 1945) is an American actor, comedian, writer, filmmaker, and musician. Martin came to public notice in the 1960s as a writer for The Smothers Brothers Comedy ...more
- Tenacious D is an American comedy rock duo, formed in Los Angeles, California, in 1994. It was founded by actors Jack Black and Kyle Gass, who were part of The Actors' Gang theater company at the ...more
- Garfunkel and Oates is an American comedy–folk duo from Los Angeles, California, consisting of actress–songwriters Riki Lindhome and Kate Micucci. The band name is derived from "two famous ...more
- Peter Michael Davidson (born November 16, 1993) is an American comedian, actor, writer and producer. He is a cast member on Saturday Night Live. Davidson has also appeared on the MTV shows Guy Code, ...more
- The Lonely Island is an American comedy trio, formed by Akiva Schaffer, Andy Samberg, and Jorma Taccone in Berkeley, California in 2001. The three first met in junior high, and went on to write and ...more
- Robert Pickering "Bo" Burnham (born August 21, 1990) is an American comedian, musician, singer, actor, film director, screenwriter, and editor. He began his career on YouTube in 2006, with his videos ...more
- Adam Richard Sandler (born September 9, 1966) is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, film producer, and musician. After becoming a Saturday Night Live cast member, Sandler went on to star in ...more
Cheech & Chong
- Wayne Alphonso Brady (born June 2, 1972) is an American actor, singer, and comedian who is a regular on the American version of the improvisational comedy television series Whose Line Is It Anyway? ...more
- Børge Rosenbaum (3 January 1909 – 23 December 2000), known professionally as Victor Borge ( BOR-gə), was a Danish comedian, conductor, and pianist who achieved great popularity in radio and ...more
- Seth Woodbury MacFarlane (; born October 26, 1973) is an American actor, animator, filmmaker, comedian, and singer. MacFarlane is the creator of the TV series Family Guy (1999–present) and The ...more
- Craig Phillip Robinson (born October 25, 1971) is an American actor, comedian, musician and singer. He is best known for his roles as Darryl Philbin on The Office (2005–2013) and Doug Judy (the ...more
- Timothy David Minchin (born 7 October 1975) is an Australian comedian, actor, writer, musician, composer, lyricist, and director. He was born in Northampton, England, to Australian parents, but ...more
- Dana Thomas Carvey (born June 2, 1955) is an American comedian, actor, screenwriter and producer. He is widely famous for being a cast member on the show Saturday Night Live (from 1986 to 1993), ...more
- Stephen Andrew Lynch (born July 28, 1971) is an American comedian, musician and actor who is known for his songs mocking daily life and popular culture. Lynch has released three studio albums and ...more
- Zachary Knight Galifianakis (; born October 1, 1969) is an American actor, comedian, and writer who came to prominence with his Comedy Central Presents special in 2001 and presented his own show ...more
- Thomas Andrew Lehrer (born April 9, 1928) is a retired American musician, singer-songwriter, satirist, and mathematician. He has lectured on mathematics and musical theater. He is best known for the ...more
- Jack Benny (born Benjamin Kubelsky, February 14, 1894 – December 26, 1974) (often called "Jackson" on his own show), was an American comedian, vaudevillian, radio, television and film actor, and ...more
- Andrew Geoffrey Kaufman (; January 17, 1949 – May 16, 1984) was an American entertainer, actor, writer, and performance artist. While often called a comedian, Kaufman described himself instead as a ...more
- Demetri Evan Martin (born May 25, 1973) is an American comedian, actor, director, cartoonist and musician. He was a contributor on The Daily Show. In stand-up, he is known for his deadpan delivery, ...more
- Edward Parker Helms (born January 24, 1974) is an American actor, comedian, and singer. He is known for his work as a correspondent on The Daily Show as well as playing Andy Bernard in the NBC sitcom ...more
- Arthur "Harpo" Marx (born Adolph Marx; November 23, 1888 – September 28, 1964) was an American comedian, actor, mime artist, and musician, and the second-oldest of the Marx Brothers. In contrast to ...more