The All-Time Greatest Fictional Mad Scientists
Based on notoriety, eccentricity, and blind devotion to their work; often causing danger to themselves and others.
There's a long-standing saying that says that the smartest people have the least common sense. While it is true that most mad scientists are in fact dangerously maladjusted sociopaths, it must be remembered that “mad” can mean “eccentric and unorthodox” as well “batshit crazy.” Some may have benevolent or good spirited intentions, even if their actions are dangerous or questionable, which can make them accidental villains. While this kinder, gentler version of the mad scientist is not quite as common as his evil counterpart, he is a popular archetype in certain types of fiction.
- Back for the Future franchise
- Frankenstein Created Woman
- Young Frankenstein
- Mad Monster Party?, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Pagemaster
- Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Marvel Universe
- Hulk Vs, Ultimate Avengers, The Avengers: Age of Ultron