One of the most debated topics in music is: who are the greatest singers of the past 30 years? Whether you're a huge Whitney Houston fan, or you've never missed one of Mariah Carey's live Christmas concerts, the best modern singers of the last 30 years are some of the greatest talents that the world has ever seen. From Michael Jackson's perfect performances, to Freddie Mercury's incredible vocal range, music fans have gathered a list of the best singers of the last 30 years for you to rank.
Who's one of the best singers of the past 30 years? For many, Madonna tops the list. When Madge arrived on the scene in the early '80s, she completely rocked the world of pop music with her third single, "Holiday," and blew everyone away. She followed that song up with hit classics "Lucky Star," "Like a Virgin," and "Material Girl;" and the rest was history.
Although Kurt Cobain's time on earth was short, he revolutionized the grunge music scene with his gravely vocals and unruly guitar sounds. Cobain's unique combination of singing and screaming earned him a spot among the best on this list.
Other favorite singers featured below include Celine Dion, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Prince, Luciano Pavarotti, Aretha Franklin, Sting, and countless others. Vote up the best vocalists of the past 30 years below, and be sure to vote based on the quality of the artists' music (i.e. songs and albums) and overall influence, rather than simply the most famous or popular musicians, or ones with the most streams online.
- Albums: Thriller, Bad, Off the Wall, Dangerous, Michael
- Albums: The Bodyguard: Original Soundtrack Album, Whitney Houston, My Love Is Your Love, I'm Your Baby Tonight, The Preacher's Wife: Original Soundtrack Album
- Albums: Lady Soul, I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You, Young, Gifted and Black, Respect
- Albums: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Disney's Sing-Along: The Lion King, Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, Madman Across the Water, Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player
- Albums: 21, 19, Make You Feel My Love, Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall, Cold Shoulder
- Albums: The Fame, Born This Way, Just Dance, The Edge of Glory, The Fame Monster
- Albums: Purple Rain, Sign 'O' the Times, 1999, Love Symbol Album, Around the World in a Day
- Albums: The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, Hunky Dory, Diamond Dogs, Aladdin Sane, "Heroes"
- Albums: Flaming Pie, Ram, McCartney, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard, Press to Play
- Albums: Private Dancer, What's Love Got to Do With It, Simply the Best, Foreign Affair, Wildest Dreams
- Albums: Songs in the Key of Life, Innervisions, Talking Book, Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium I, Music of My Mind
- Albums: Côte d'Azur Concerts on Verve, Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas, Ella Fitzgerald's Christmas, The Stockholm Concert, Porgy & Bess
- Albums: Back to Black, Frank, Lioness: Hidden Treasures, Rehab, Remixes Promo 2
- Albums: Christmas in Vienna, Diana, Diana Ross, Love Child, Reflections
- Albums: The Birth of Soul, Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music, The Spirit of Christmas, Ray Charles at Newport, Genius Loves Company
- Albums: American V: A Hundred Highways, American IV: The Man Comes Around, At Folsom Prison, American Recordings, American III: Solitary Man
- Albums: Once Upon a Christmas, The Ultimate Collection, The Grass Is Blue, Home for Christmas, The Right Combination: Burning the Midnight Oil
- Albums: Bella Donna, Buckingham Nicks, Trouble in Shangri-La, Enchanted, Rock a Little
- Albums: Carmen - Duets & Arias, Georges Bizet, Sentimento, Romanza, Amore
- Albums: Face Value, Both Sides, No Jacket Required, Hello, I Must Be Going!
- Albums: The One and Only, The Complete Studio Recordings 1949-1969, 100 Best Classics, Norma, La sonnambula: Callas
- Albums: Daydream, Music Box, Mariah Carey, The Emancipation of Mimi, Butterfly