The hottest writers who ever lived and died, with pictures of these brilliant men in their prime. These attractive gentlemen wrote some of the best novels, plays, and poetry in literary history - and looked great doing it. Some died so long ago that we don't have photographic evidence of their specimenhood, but that's OK. Their painted portraits and plaster busts live on in our hearts and in our dreams.Vote up the sexiest authors, poets, and playwrights to move them up the list, and vote down those whose looks just don't ink your quill. And remember, ladies, we all win when we're looking at a list of hot writers.
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
1,146144Was he hot?
- Age: Dec. at 47 (1922-1969)
- Birthplace: Middlesex County, United States of America, Lowell, United States, with Territories
- Works: On the Road, The Dharma Bums, Big Sur, The Town and the City, The Subterraneans
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
906305Was he hot?
- Age: Dec. at 62 (1899-1961)
- Birthplace: Oak Park, Illinois, USA
- Works: The Old Man and the Sea, The Sun Also Roses, A Farewell to Arms, For Whom the Bell Tolls, A Moveable Feast
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BY
794273Was he hot?
- Age: Dec. at 44 (1860-1904)
- Birthplace: Taganrog, Russia
- Works: The Seagull, Uncle Vanya, The Cherry Orchard, Three Sisters, Ivanov
- Photo: flickr / CC0
622286Was he hot?
- Age: Dec. at 74 (1916-1990)
- Birthplace: Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Works: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, Matilda, The Witches, The BFG