Children are adorable, but it's time to face the truth: they ruin things. They destroy nice furniture, they spoil family vacations, and they truly don't appreciate how much money is spent on fancy electronics. If you leave your kid unsupervised for any significant period of time (or just five minutes) expect them to create a disaster of epic proportions in your absence.
Parents who've yet to realize that children aren't to be trusted frequently post on the blog Sh*t My Kids Ruined. The Tumblr page acknowledges all the things that kids destroy, from the minor to the very, very major. If you're a parent, you'll be horrified, but if you're childless you'll love to laugh at the pictures.
1. A Budding Artist Painted Her Sister PinkPhoto: flickr / CC0
2. She Was Going For Stage MakeupPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
3. She's All Set For Tomorrow's New School InterviewPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
4. She Was Just Trying To Play QuietlyPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
5. Someone Decided To Cook Plastic Bowls In The OvenPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
6. They Got Into 22 Pounds Of FlourPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY