Jaw-Dropping Pictures Of Things Being Worn Down Over Time
Vote up the most mind-bending before-and-afters.
Pictures of items worn down over the years provide poignant illustrations of the passage of time. On a natural level, eroding geological formations demonstrate how the Earth changes; more personally, before-and-after photos of worn-down objects remind viewers that nothing is permanent. Age comes before physical beauty in the majority of these photos, but that doesn't make them any less alluring to the eye.
1. A New York Building After A Pressure Wash
2. Timeworn StairsPhoto: David Perry / davesdistrictblog
3. Customer Imprints At A BankPhoto: flickr / CC0
4. Layers Of Posters
5. A Silver Dollar After More Than 60 Years In Someone's PocketPhoto: flickr / CC0
6. Exposed To Normal Air Versus Sea Breeze