Tony Roma's recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Tony Roma's menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Tony Roma's, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Tony Roma's popular food, so you can bring the exotic tastes of one of the best restaurant chains around to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Founded in Florida in 1972, Tony Roma's has adopted the motto "Famous for Ribs" for all of its roughly 260 worldwide locations. On its inception, ribs were not the centerpiece of the menu, but the eventual inclusion of baby back ribs catapulted the restaurant chain to its current popularity in 27 countries around the world.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Making Tony Roma's recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Tony Roma's recipes from around the Web.
Carolina Honey RibsPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
1 cup Ketchup- Preheat oven to 300°F; combine all ingredients for BBQ sauce in a saucepan over high heat.
1 cup Vinegar
1/2 cup Molasses
1/2 cup Honey
1 t Liquid Smoke
1/2 t Salt
1/4 t Garlic Powder
1/4 t Onion Powder
1/4 t Tabasco
4 lbs. Pork Spare Ribs
- Blend ingredients with a whisk to smooth; reduce heat upon boil, simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes and remove from heat when thick.
- Tear off 4 foil pieces 6 inches longer than ribs; coat ribs evenly with sauce.
- Place ribs on foil lengthwise; wrap tightly.
- Place in oven and cook for 2-2 1/2 hours; prepare grill.
- Remove ribs from foil and smother with sauce; grill ribs on hot grill for 2-4 minutes per side.6019Would you try this?
Tony Roma's ColeslawPhoto: flickr / CC0
1 large head white cabbage, shredded- Combine all ingredients.
1 5/8 lbs carrots, shredded
2 bunches green onions (including green tops)
4 1/3 cups white vinegar
1 1/3 tablespoons garlic salt
2 teaspoons cumin
2/3 tablespoon dry mustard
1 1/3 lbs sugar
2 teaspoons black pepper
2/3 teaspoon oregano
1 3/4 tablespoons celery seeds
- Store in tight-fitting lidded container.7134Would you try this?
Tony Roma's Onion RingsPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
6 each White onions- Slice the onions crosswise and separate into rings.
1 cup Milk
3 each Eggs, beaten
2 cups Pancake mix
- Combine milk, eggs, and salt to taste in mixing bowl.
- Soak the onions in the mixture about 30 minutes.
- Place pancake mix in a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil for frying in skillet to 375 degrees.
- Remove the onion rings from milk mixture; dip in pancake mix and place in hot oil.
- Fry rings until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Pack fried onion rings solidly but loosely, without pressing into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes; turn onto serving plate.7052Would you try this?