List of the best things to do in Rome, ranked by travelers. Rome is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world. It combines a unique mixture of sites, history, and culture that travelers wish to experience while on vacation in Italy. The best sites to see in Rome include architectural masterpieces that attract the eye and stimulate the mind. The city is itself is an artistic canvas representing both beauty and strength, and Rome's best attractions encompass both of these qualities.
List of the best things to do in Rome, ranked by travelers. Rome is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world. It combines a unique mixture of sites, history, and culture that travelers wish to experience while on vacation in Italy. The best sites to see in Rome include architectural masterpieces that attract the eye and stimulate the mind. The city is itself is an artistic canvas representing both beauty and strength, and Rome's best attractions encompass both of these qualities.Rome is one of the most historically rich cities in the world. As you walk on its streets, you are taking the same steps as some of the greatest minds of the last thousands of years. During your time in one of the world's oldest existing cities, you are absorbing history just from your surroundings. The culture of Rome is a truly amazing experience. You will be transfixed by the people, the way of life, and of course some of the most amazing food on the planet.
While traveling, you want to see the most popular sites in Rome. It is almost overwhelming to look at what is readily available in this city. Where should you start your journey? Attractions that represent the great aspects of Rome are present everywhere. Thus, let us discover the top things to see in this wonderful city. We shall find activities that help us better understand Rome as city, historical landmark, and a lifestyle.
- The Colosseum or Coliseum, also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre is an elliptical... more on Wikipedia15426
- The Papal Basilica of St. Peter in the Vatican, or simply St. Peter's Basilica, is a Late... more on Wikipedia11115
- The Sistine Chapel is a chapel in the Apostolic Palace, the official residence of the Pope, in... more on Wikipedia11120
- The Pantheon is a building in Rome, Italy, commissioned by Marcus Agrippa during the reign of... more on Wikipedia11133
- The Roman Forum is a rectangular forum surrounded by the ruins of several important ancient... more on Wikipedia7612
- The Trevi Fountain is a fountain in the Trevi district in Rome, Italy, designed by Italian... more on Wikipedia11948
- Piazza Navona is a city square in Rome, Italy. It is built on the site of the Stadium of... more on Wikipedia6624
- The Spanish Steps are a set of steps in Rome, Italy, climbing a steep slope between the Piazza... more on Wikipedia6324
- The Vatican Museums are the museums of the Vatican City and are located within the city's... more on Wikipedia5014
- The Stadio Olimpico is the main and largest sports facility of Rome, Italy. It is located... more on Wikipedia4310
- The Arch of Constantine is a triumphal arch in Rome, situated between the Colosseum and the... more on Wikipedia
- The Capitoline Museums are a group of art and archeological museums in Piazza del Campidoglio,... more on Wikipedia
- The Palazzo Chigi is a palace or noble residence in Rome and the official residence of the... more on Wikipedia
- The Mausoleum of Hadrian, usually known as Castel Sant'Angelo, is a towering cylindrical... more on Wikipedia
- Piazza del Popolo is a large urban square in Rome. The name in modern Italian literally means... more on Wikipedia3612
Piazza del Popolo
- The Aventine Hill is one of the seven hills on which ancient Rome was built. It belongs to... more on Wikipedia328
- The Capitoline Hill, between the Forum and the Campus Martius, is one of the seven hills of... more on Wikipedia265
- The domed octagonal Lateran Baptistery stands somewhat apart from the Basilica di San Giovanni... more on Wikipedia287
- The Quirinal Palace is a historic building in Rome, Italy, the current official residence of... more on Wikipedia
- The Hadrian's Villa is a large Roman archaeological complex at Tivoli, Italy.
- The Villa Farnesina is a Renaissance suburban villa in the Via della Lungara, in the district... more on Wikipedia245
- The Palatine Hill is the centermost of the Seven Hills of Rome and is one of the most ancient... more on Wikipedia2811
- The Ara Pacis Augustae is an altar in Rome dedicated to Pax, the Roman goddess of Peace. The... more on Wikipedia256
- Trajan's Column is a Roman triumphal column in Rome, Italy, that commemorates Roman emperor... more on Wikipedia235
- The Galleria Borghese is an art gallery in Rome, Italy, housed in the former Villa Borghese... more on Wikipedia