What are the biggest toy companies in the world? With so many toy manufacturers out there, it can be difficult to choose. Rather than rank them, we compiled a list of toy companies featuring some of the most popular toy company names in the business. For instance, Fisher-Price has been making kids' toys since 1930. Among other toy companies in the USA, Hot Wheels has cornered the market on toy cars since American toymaker Mattel introduced it in 1968. Talk about great kids toy companies!
No toy brands list would be complete without Wham-O? Ever heard of the Hula Hoop? The Frisbee? A Slip 'N Slide? Been Boogie boarding? All of these classic kids' toys were created by the Carson, California-based Wham-O.
Another one of the top toy companies in the world is LEGO. The Danish toy manufacturer typically runs neck and neck with Mattel for the coveted No. 1 slot of toy manufacturing companies. Whichever is in first any given year, they are both consistently among world's largest toy companies.
- Agglo Corporation Limited is a private Hong Kong based toy supplier that was founded in 1969. Agglo sources toys ranging from low price bulk products to large vehicle play sets. Along with sourcing ...more
- Applied Minds, Llc. is an American company founded in 2000 by ex-Disney Imagineers Danny Hillis and Bran Ferren that provides technology, design, R&D, and consulting services to multiple firms, ...more
- Bandai Company, Limited is a Japanese toy making and video game company, as well as the producer of a large number of plastic model kits. It is the world's third-largest producer of toys. Some ...more
- Banpresto Co., Ltd. is a Japanese toy company, best known in America for game development, headquartered in the Shinagawa Seaside West Building in Shinagawa, Tokyo. It was founded April 1977 as Hoei ...more
- Coleco Inc. is an American company founded in 1932 by Maurice Greenberg as "Connecticut Leather Company". It became a highly successful toy company in the 1980s, known for its mass-produced version ...more
- E.S.R., Inc. was an American manufacturer of educational toys during the 1960s. The company’s founders included William H. Duerig and Irving J. Lieberman, both involved in missile research at ...more
- Estrela is a toy manufacturer in Brazil. The company was founded in São Paulo in 1937, when it started producing dolls and wooden toy cars. In 1944 it became a publicly traded corporation. As of ...more
- eToys.com is a retail website that sells toys via the Internet. It was established by a startup company of the same name during the dotcom boom, but the company went bankrupt towards the end of the ...more
- Fisher-Price is an American company that produces toys for infants and children, headquartered in East Aurora, New York. Fisher-Price has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel since 1993.
- Flextronics International Ltd. is an American supply chain solutions company that offers design, manufacturing, distribution and aftermarket services to original equipment manufacturers. Flex is a ...more
- Funko, or FunKo, is a company that manufactures licensed pop culture toys. Funko is most known for producing over 1000 different licensed vinyl figures. In addition Funko produces licensed plush, ...more
- Gund is a manufacturer of plush stuffed animals. It was founded by Adolph Gund in 1898. On July 1, 2008, Gund was sold to Enesco, a gift company known for among other things the Cherished Teddies ...more
- Hasbro Inc. is an American multinational toy and board game company. It is one of the largest toy makers in the world. The corporate headquarters is located in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. The majority ...more
- Herpa, or Herpa Miniaturmodelle GmbH, is a German manufacturer of die-cast model aircraft under the Herpa Wings trademark and plastic car models under the Herpa Cars & Trucks trademark. The mainstay ...more
- Herpa Wings are die-cast model airplanes trademark under Herpa of Germany. The collection includes 250 airlines under 17 different aircraft manufacturers in 1,200 versions. The mainstay of Herpa ...more
- Hot Wheels is a brand of 1:64, 1:43, 1:18 and 1:50 scale die-cast toy cars introduced by American toy maker Mattel in 1968. It was the primary competitor of Matchbox until 1997 when Mattel bought ...more
- First to introduce produce a soft accurate globe of earth the Hugg-A-Planet Earth. in 1982 when green was more of a color then a movement. Considered a modern day Classic toy, with over 30 awards ...more
- Ideal Toy Company was an American toy company founded by Morris and Rose Michtom. During the post–World War II baby boom era, Ideal became the largest doll-making company in the United States. Their ...more
- Irwin Toy Limited was a Canadian distributor and manufacturer of toys. It was Canada's oldest toy company and remained independent and family owned until 2001.
- The now bankrupt itoys inc. was a revival of the Canadian family-owned toy company Irwin Toy Limited. Legally, it was a new company under a different name and in a different location in Toronto ...more
- John Kirby Farnell or J. K. Farnell was a London company which manufactured the first British teddy bear in 1906.
- J. W. Spear and Sons was a significant manufacturer of board games during the 20th century. The company was founded by Jacob Wolf Spier in Fürth, near Nuremberg, Germany in 1879, producing goods such ...more