Editor's Note: Voting and Reranking have been closed.
A list of Icelandic TV channels. All popular TV channels in Iceland have been included. In this day and age, virtually every country has its own set of television networks. TV originally evolved from radio, and up until the last few decades, virtually all television content was broadcast over the air. Today, cable and satellite providers directly broadcast much of what is watched. Programming can be created both in house, or by a studio or other production facility that is sometimes directly affiliated with the station. Television shows can also be imported (and exported) to other countries, often through syndication. While satellite and cable currently take all the glory, over-the-air broadcasting is not being left behind as many countries are making the switch from analogue to digital broadcasts.
- ARD is a joint organization of Germany's regional public-service broadcasters. It was founded in 1950 in West Germany to represent the common interests of the new, decentralized, post-war... more
- BBC Entertainment is an international television channel showcasing comedy, drama, light entertainment, reality and children's programming from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and other UK production houses.... more
- BBC World News is the BBC's international news and current affairs television channel. It has the largest audience of any BBC channel, with an estimated 76 million viewers weekly in 2014. Launched on... more
- CNBC Europe is a business and financial news television channel which airs across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The station is based in London, where it shares the Adrian Smith-designed 10... more
- The Cable News Network is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by the Turner Broadcasting System division of Time Warner. The 24-hour cable news channel was founded... more
- Euronews is a multilingual news television channel, headquartered in Lyon-Écully, France. Created in 1993, it aims to cover world news from a pan-European perspective.... more
MTV EuropeMTV Europe is a pan-European 24-hour entertainment cable and digital television network launched on 1 August 1987. Initially, the channel served all regions within Europe being one of the very few... more
Nat Geo WildNat Geo Wild is a cable/satellite TV channel focused on animal-related programs. It is a sister network to National Geographic Channel and it is the latest channel to be jointly launched by the... more
- National Geographic Channel is the American digital cable and satellite television channel that is owned by Fox Cable Networks division of 21st Century Fox and the National Geographic Society. The... more
- Note: Previously called Sirkus and before that Popp TívíNova TV is a Croatian commercial television network launched in November 2000. It was the first commercial television network with national concession in this country and since 2004 it is fully owned... more
NRK2NRK2 is one of the TV channels of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation. It was launched in 1996. It has traditionally concentrated on more on cultural and in-depth programmes than its sister... more
Omega Christian television channel
- Sat.1 is a privately owned German television broadcasting station. Sat.1 was the first privately owned television broadcasting station in Germany, having started one day before RTL Television. It... more
SkjárEinn Entertainment channel
- Sky News is a 24-hour, multi-media news operation based in Britain. It provides non-stop rolling news on television, online, and on a range of mobile devices – as well as delivering a service of... more
- Stöð 2 is an Icelandic television channel, owned and operated by 365. Founded in 1986, It was the first privately owned television station in Iceland following the lifting of the state monopoly on... more
Stöð 2 ExtraNote: Previously called Sirkus.
Stöð 2 SportNote: Previously called Sýn
Stöð 2 Sport 2Note: Previously called Sýn 2