List of television characters who work as a Psychiatrist on their TV show, listed alphabetically with photos of the characters when available. Throughout the history of television there have been many fictional characters who are Psychiatrists. Does your favorite show have someone who works as a Psychiatrist?" The answer is most likely yes, as they seem to be very common in sitcoms, cartoons and dramas.
List features Hannibal Lecter, Frasier Crane and more.This list answers the question, "Who are fictional Psychiatrists on TV?"
Dr. Aaron MonteDr. Monte treated Eugene Tooms during his stay at Druid Hill Sanitarium, Baltimore, Maryland. In 1994, Dr. Monte testified for Tooms's release at his psychological hearing. Following his release,...
Dr. Bruce KaplanDr. Bruce Kaplan is a fictional character of the animated television series Family Guy....
Dr. Joel SpitzDr. Spitz lead Michelle Bishop through a session of hypnotic regression therapy at the request of Agent Mulder. When it became clear that Bishop was extremely disturbed by this experience, her...
Dr. Lainey Winters
Dr. Pamela KaretzkyIn Eugene Victor Tooms's psychiatric hearing in 1994, Dr. Karetzky testified that Tooms was stable and normal: "I performed several diagnostic procedures upon Mister Tooms to determine any organic,...
Dr. Sheila BraunDr. Braun was Michelle Bishop's psychiatrist until Michelle's recovery in 1994. Having found counseling ineffective and a dead end, Braun prescribed Thorazine to regulate Bishop's bizarre behavior....
- Frasier Winslow Crane, M.D., Ph.D., Ed.D., A.P.A. is a fictional character on the American television sitcoms Cheers and Frasier, portrayed by Kelsey Grammer. Grammer received award recognitions for... more
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter is a character in a series of suspense novels by Thomas Harris. Lecter was introduced in the 1981 thriller novel Red Dragon as a forensic psychiatrist.... more
- Hester Crane (nee Palmer) is a fictional character in the setting of the sitcoms Cheers and/ Frasier. She was the wife of Martin Crane and mother of Frasier and Niles.... more
- Dr. James Warwick was a fictional character from the CBS daytime soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful. The role was portrayed by Ian Buchanan from 1993 to 1999, followed by recurring appearances... more
- Jennifer Melfi, M.D., is a fictional character on the HBO TV series The Sopranos. She is the psychiatrist of Mafia boss Tony Soprano. She is portrayed by Lorraine Bracco.... more
- Lilith Sternin, M.D., Ph.D., Ed.D., A.P.A. is a fictional character on the American television sitcoms Cheers and Frasier, portrayed by Bebe Neuwirth. The character first appears as a date for... more
- Marlena Evans Black Psy.D. is a fictional character on the NBC daytime drama, Days of Our Lives, a long-running serial about working life in the fictional town of Salem. She has been played by... more
Marty SaybrookeDr. Margaret Anne "Marty" Saybrooke Thornhart is a fictional character on the American daytime drama One Life to Live. The role was originated by Susan Haskell, who portrayed Marty from January 24,... more
- Niles Crane, M.D., Ph.D., A.P.A., Ed.D is a fictional character on the American sitcom Frasier, a spin-off of the popular show Cheers. He was portrayed by David Hyde Pierce. Niles is the younger... more
- Dr. Taylor Hayes is a fictional character from the American CBS soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful, portrayed by Hunter Tylo. The character was created by William J. Bell to facilitate social... more
Tom Hardy Sr.
- Dr. Violet Marianne Turner is a fictional character on the American television drama Private Practice. She is portrayed by Amy Brenneman.... more