A long-running TV series is often – though not always – the sign of a good show and something worth watching. The problem is that after a time the pilot may not be the episode to sell the show that it once was. Pilots often have a lot of responsibilities – introducing characters, explaining the hook of the series, etc. – that it's hard to always walk away with a great episode. An episode later in the run when a show has settled into itself and figured out the stories it really wants to tell can often have a better chance of getting new viewers to stick around than just the pilot.
From legendary runs like Doctor Who to lauded shows like Sopranos that just might not have stuck after an episode or two, these are the episodes we recommend to get your friends and family hooked on the same great TV you are.
- 1770 VOTESPhoto: Supernatural/CW
- 2533 VOTESPhoto: Community/NBC
- 3599 VOTESPhoto: Doctor Who/BBC
- 4361 VOTESPhoto: The Office/NBC
- 5247 VOTESPhoto: Parks and Recreaation/NBC
- 6208 VOTESPhoto: Buffy the Vampire Slayer/WB