Peaky Blinders is full of badass, charismatic characters but none more so than the beloved main character Thomas Shelby, as played by Cillian Murphy. With a swagger in his step and a perpetual chip on his shoulder, Shelby is a character that viewers love to live vicariously through.
If you've already finished Peaky Blinders, and are looking for something to fill the Thomas Shelby hole in your heart, scroll down below for some TV shows that will give you a fix. You'll find everything from HBO's iconic The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire to Netflix's addictive Narcos and Narcos: Mexico, there's no shortage of shows with charming, criminal protagonists like Thomas Shelby.
Vote up the TV show that makes you feel like embracing your inner Thomas Shelby the most.
- The life of gangster Nucky Thompson at the dawn of Prohibition.
- A gangster drama located in the streets of post-war Birmingham on the verge of the 1920s.
- Real-life stories of drug kingpins and the efforts made by law enforcement to stop them.
- Tony Soprano tries to be a good family man and run the New Jersey mob.
- A drama inspired by the early days of the 1980s Los Angeles crack cocaine epidemic.
- Bumpy Johnson battles the Genovese crime family to regain control of the neighborhood he once ruled.
- An outlaw motorcycle club is intent on protecting its sheltered California town.
- The head of London's most powerful crime family is assassinated, creating a power vacuum.
- An FBI agent targets those responsible for the emergence of digital currency called GenCoin.
- A financial adviser and his family are forced to relocate after dealings with a drug cartel go awry.
- Following the rise of the Guadalajara Cartel as a DEA agent learns the danger of targeting narcos.
- After his mother's death, Joshua "J" Cody moves in with his freewheeling relatives.
- Gomorrah (2014, Sundance) is an Italian television crime drama series. Set in the suburbs of Naples, it focuses on organized crime and the relationships of gangsters, drug dealers, and ordinary ...more
- A wealthy New York City nightclub owner leads a double life as a drug kingpin.
- A high-school chemistry teacher has a midlife crisis.
- The Boys embark on a quest to expose the truth about The Seven, superheroes who abuse their powers.
- After escaping a Mexican drug cartel, a woman becomes a "queenpin" in America.
- A hotelier conducts business with a mob boss among the glitz and glamour of late-1950s Miami Beach.
- El Chapo (Netflix, 2017) is an American crime television series directed by Ernesto Contreras and José Manuel Cravioto. A look at the life of notorious drug kingpin, El Chapo (Marco de la O), from ...more
- The inhabitants of a frontier town struggle for power.
- A journalist tries to solve a series of murders in New York City in 1896.
- A young martial arts prodigy finds himself caught up in the bloody Chinatown Tong wars.
- EZ Reyes must carve out a new identity in the town where he grew up.
- The saga of a fictional, American global-media family that is rich, powerful and dysfunctional.
- A notorious outlaw and his gang track his traitorous partner to an isolated mining town.