List of popular Umberto Giordano operas, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This Umberto Giordano operas list includes the names of all Umberto Giordano operas, so if you're an opera lover you might recognize many of these historic operas. This famous Umberto Giordano operas list contains various bits of information, such as what language they were composed in and what genre the popular Umberto Giordano opera falls under. There are a lot of well-known Umberto Giordano operas out there so this list is a great way to learn about the ones you haven't heard of before.
List composers include Fedora, Andrea Chénier and many more.
This list answers the question, "Which operas did Umberto Giordano write?"If you're writing a research paper about historic Umberto Giordano operas then this is the perfect jumping off point to find out which famous operas were composed by Umberto Giordano.
- Andrea Chénier is a verismo opera in four acts by the composer Umberto Giordano, set to an Italian libretto by Luigi Illica. It is based loosely on the life of the French poet, André Chénier, who was ...more
- Fedora is an opera in three acts by Umberto Giordano to an Italian libretto by Arturo Colautti, based on the play Fédora by Victorien Sardou. Along with Andrea Chénier and Siberia, it is one of the ...more
- Il re is a novella or opera in one act and three scenes by composer Umberto Giordano to an Italian libretto by Giovacchino Forzano. The opera premiered at La Scala in Milan on 12 January 1929.
- La cena delle beffe is an opera in four acts composed by Umberto Giordano to an Italian libretto by Sem Benelli adapted from his 1909 play of the same name. The story, set in Florence at the time of ...more
- Madame Sans-Gêne is an opera in three acts by Umberto Giordano. The libretto was taken from Victorien Sardou and Emile Moreau's play, adapted for the opera by Renato Simoni.
- Mese mariano is an opera in one act by Umberto Giordano. Its Italian libretto by Salvatore Di Giacomo was adapted from his play 'O Mese Mariano, which was in turn adapted from his novella, Senza ...more
- Siberia is an opera in three acts by Umberto Giordano from a libretto by Luigi Illica. There is no direct source for the plot of Siberia and it is quite possible that this is an original work by ...more