The Most Underrated PlayStation 2 Games That Deserve More Attention
The PlayStation 2 will go down as one of the best consoles ever made, not only as one of the all-time best-sellers to this day, but also because of its legacy in terms of the quality of games it had in its library. From stealth adventures to 3D platformers to JRPGs and more, the PS2 has dozens of classics and hidden gems that gamers are still playing decades later. What are your picks for the most underrated PS2 games of all time?
Many of the titles are still well known, as they began or continued on a now popular franchise, but there are plenty of others that deserve a little bit more love. From cult classics like Ōkami to action-adventure games like Red Dead Revolver, the PS2 had an amazing library.
Vote up the all PS2 games you feel are criminally underrated, that way other gamers can give them a little more love.
The Warriors is a beat 'em up video game published by Rockstar Games. It was released on October 17, 2005 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox, and February 12, 2007 for PlayStation Portable. The Warriors is ...more
- Developer: Rockstar Toronto, Rockstar Leeds
- Genres (Video game): Action-adventure game, Action game, Adventure, Beat 'em up
Freedom Fighters, originally titled Freedom: The Battle for Liberty Island, is a 2003 third-person shooter video game available for the PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox and Microsoft Windows. ...more
- Developer: IO Interactive
- Genres (Video game): Shooter game, Third-person Shooter, Action game
Ōkami is an action-adventure video game developed by Clover Studio and published by Capcom. The game was released for PlayStation 2 in 2006, Nintendo Wii in 2008, Play Station 3 in 2012, PlayStation ...more
- Developer: HexaDrive, Ready at Dawn, Clover Studio
- Genres (Video game): Action, Adventure, Role-playing
Shadow of Rome is a 2005 hybrid hack and slash/stealth video game, with elements of vehicular combat, developed and published by Capcom for the PlayStation 2. The game was released in Europe on ...more
- Developer: Capcom
- Genres (Video game): Isometric projection, Action game, Adventure, Beat 'em up, Stealth game
Viewtiful Joe is a side scrolling beat 'em up video game developed by Team Viewtiful for the GameCube. It was originally released in 2003 as a part of the Capcom Five under director Hideki Kamiya and ...more
- Developer: Clover Studio
- Genres (Video game): Platform game, Action game, Adventure, Beat 'em up
Shadow Hearts: Covenant, also known as Shadow Hearts II, is a role-playing video game developed by Nautilus and published by Aruze in Japan and Midway in rest of the countries in 2004. It is a direct ...more
- Developer: Sacnoth
- Genres (Video game): Console role-playing game, Role-playing video game