Making a sequel to a classic movie is a dicey proposition. For every Godfather Part II, there's a Blues Brothers 2000. For every Aliens, there's a Caddyshack II. Audiences come to these sequels with high expectations, so if the film can't come close to its predecessor, the sense of disappointment is magnified.
In a separate class are those sequels that are underrated. Every once in a while, a sequel to a classic comes along that lets people down initially, then goes on to prove itself to be okay on its own terms in later years. The following movies all fall into that category. They were either not received with the same enthusiasm as the originals or were unfairly picked apart in comparison to them. They deserve a second chance. No, most of them aren't going to become classics - but that doesn't mean they don't have something to offer.
- 1390 VOTESPhoto: Warner Bros. Pictures
- 2238 VOTESPhoto: Sony Pictures Releasing
- 3350 VOTESPhoto: Warner Bros.
- 4171 VOTESPhoto: Buena Vista Distribution
- 5361 VOTESPhoto: Warner Bros. Pictures
- 6282 VOTESPhoto: Paramount Pictures