The very idea of an "It Girl" may have gone by the wayside as print media died out in favor of all things internet, but if you're going to reflect on 1990s pop culture, there's no escaping the many stars who were labeled as the new "It Girl" at one point or another. And, looking back all these years later, most It Girls have ended up de-glamorizing for a role at least once.
It makes sense: Take a beautiful person and schlub them up just a little (or a lot) to keep people on their toes! It doesn't always work out in terms of overall film quality, but each of the following '90s stars certainly swung for the fences. So, break out your Walkmans and your snap bracelets... we're running through the '90s It Girls who de-glammed for a role and nailed it.
- 1195 VOTESPhoto: Newmarket Films
- 2160 VOTESPhoto: Buena Vista Pictures
- 391 VOTESPhoto: Mirror Releasing
- 468 VOTESPhoto: Saban Films
- 5109 VOTESPhoto: Warner Bros. Pictures
- 683 VOTESPhoto: Cinelou Releasing