Photos Of Historical Landmarks Like You Probably Haven't Seen Them Before
Vote up the photos that show famous places in a whole new light.
Certain locations and landmarks across the planet are likely immortalized in your mind's eye. You can probably picture the Eiffel Tower, Niagara Falls, and the Great Sphinx of Giza with ease, even if you haven't visited them yourself. But these destinations didn't always look the way they do now, and you may not have the unique perspectives on them that bygone visitors and explorers did.
Check out these old photos of historic landmarks that paint them in a new light.
1. In 1820, The Lion Of Lucerne Was Carved In Stone To Commemorate The Swiss Soldiers Who Died During The French RevolutionPhoto: Andrew Bossi / Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY-SA 2.5
- Photo: u/WhiskyBrasil / Reddit
- Photo: u/lindagibsonn1213 / Reddit
- Photo: u/pvs_pvs / Reddit
- Photo: Former Redditor / Reddit
- Photo: u/TheJoJy / Reddit