Uno Chicago Grill recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Uno's menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Uno, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Uno Chicago Grill's popular food, so you can bring these exotic tastes to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Uno Chicago Grill (formerly Pizzeria Uno) is a pizzeria restaurant chain that was established by former University of Texas football star Ike Sewell. Uno's specializes in deep dish pizza and also serves pasta, seafood, and other Italian dishes. Uno restaurants are designed to look like Chicago warehouses, and their expansive beverage menu offers many speakeasy-style alcoholic drinks.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.
Making Uno's recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Uno Chicago Grill recipes from around the Web.What are the best Uno Chicago pizza recipes? This list seeks to answer that question and give you a thorough understanding of how to make pizza at home.
1/4 ounce active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water (105-110 degrees F)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup corn oil
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups tomatoes, ground
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
2 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- Add flour and salt and mix thoroughly until the dough is smooth and pliable; if using a stand mixer for 4 minutes at medium or by hand knead for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn dough out and knead by hand another 2 minutes.
- Coat a bowl with olive oil; place dough ball in the bowl turning once to cover it with oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and towel; let rise for two hours.
- Do not punch the dough down; spread across the bottom and up the sides of a 12 inch deep dish pizza pan.
- Sauce: In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, oregano, basil and romano cheese.
- Line dough with mozzarella and provolone completely covering dough; pour sauce and toppings.
- Bake on a preheated 475 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Allow the pizza to rest 3-4 minutes before cutting.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup fresh broccoli coarsely chopped
1 cup fresh spinach
2 Roma tomatoes chopped
4 oz feta cheese
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese divided
Ziti Pasta cooked according to the instructions on the box (penne or rigatoni may be substituted)
Basil pesto cream sauce
- Mix broccoli, spinach and tomatoes together in a bowl; set aside.
- Cover chicken breast with plastic wrap and flatten.
- Evenly distribute ingredients from bowl in the center of each chicken breast; sprinkle feta cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese on top of the broccoli mixture.
- Wrap chicken breast tightly around the filling; secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top of chicken breast.
- Place on a baking sheet or pan; bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over ziti pasta with basil pesto cream sauce.
- Pour over cooked ziti and toss; serves 4.
1 ounce olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
4 ounces cooked shrimp (tail off)
1/4 cup seasoned plum tomatoes
1 teaspoon fresh basil
1 ounce white wine
5 ounces scampi butter sauce
12 ounces cooked pasta
- Scampi butter sauce: seafood stock, butter, lemon, basil, garlic and onion
- Heat saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil and garlic; do not brown.
- Add plum tomatoes, shrimp and basil; saute and toss.
- Add scampi sauce and bring to a simmer; add well drained pasta, mix well and serve.
3/4 cup of half & half
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup traditional basil pesto (any grocery store carries this)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat; stir in parmesan cheese and add half & half mixture.
- Mix well and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens.