UPDATED: Check out The Best New Family & Kids Shows In 2021!
The upcoming family series and kids' shows of 2020 offered something for families of all shapes and sizes, from preschool shows to tween-approved dramas. From streaming to network, which of the anticipated cartoons and animated series were you most excited to see?
Several upcoming kids series were building on favorite franchises. ThunderCats Roar brought a show that parents remember to the screens of today's kids, and both Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera characters returned in several new series of shorts on HBO Max. There was even a new MLP series, My Little Pony: Pony Life. Upcoming kids and family shows in 2020 weren't just cartoons, there were also fun family live-action series such as The Healing Powers of Dude, Fate: The Winx Saga, and Diary of a Future President. If you aren't looking for scripted shows, there were even family-friendly competitive reality series such as LEGO Masters and The Crystal Maze. From heartwarming movie adaptations to goofy science fiction and fantasy, and even compelling mysteries, there were upcoming family TV shows for every taste.
For more of the top upcoming family and kids' TV series that dropped throughout 2020, check out the list below and vote up the shows you could't wait to see.
- Mechanic Tylor Tuskmon dreams of working his way up to the Laugh Floor at Monsters Inc.
- An 11-year-old boy with social anxiety disorder finds strength in a lovable comfort mutt named Dude.
- LEGO enthusiasts face off in brick-building challenges to be crowned LEGO Master.
- Elena Cañero-Reed will one day become the U.S. President but, for now, she's in middle school.
- Cartoon shorts featuring cherished characters including Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and others.
- Sheltered girl Kipo gets a crash course in survival when a mutant attack sends her to the surface.
- Two kids are recruited to battle video game monsters that have found their way into the real world.
- A group of friends launch a babysitting business.
- Armed with tools and smarts, monkey mechanic Chico Bon Bon helps people solve their problems.
- Residents of the Central Park Zoo pursue their dreams with abandon, no matter the size.
- Exuberant tween Molly McGee and a grumpy ghost named Scratch become bound to each other forever.
- Two chefs compete against one another, using only the ingredients found in a family's kitchen.
- Science journalist Latif Nasser explores the surprising ways people are connected to one another.
- Teens attending an adventure camp must band together to survive when dinosaurs wreak havoc.
- Teenager Victor adjusts to a new school and struggles with his sexual orientation.
Elinor Wonders Why
Elinor Wonders Why (PBS Kids, 2020) is a Canadian-American animated children's preschool television series. The main character Elinor, the most observant and curious bunny rabbit in Animal Town, will introduce kids to science, nature and community through adventures with her friends
- Adventures in Wonder Park (Nickelodeon, 2020) is an animated adventure/comedy television series created by Anne Flett-Giordano, David Zuckerman, and John Aboud. It is based on the 2019 animated film ...more
- A normal girl's life is made extraordinary by her best friend: an unpredictable talking pony.
- It's up to kids to figure out the fibber through the questioning of two individuals.
- Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and other Jellystone residents cross paths in fun and ridiculous ways.
- ThunderCats Roar (Cartoon Network, 2020) is an animated television series based on the ThunderCats series by Ted Wolf. The ThunderCats escape their dying home world Thundera, only to crash land on ...more
- Lion-O and the ThunderCats face assorted creatures and villains on their new home of Third Earth.
- Students and their teacher work together to help people and solve problems.
- Vikingskool (Disney Channel, 2022) is an American animated television series produced by Cartoon Saloon and Samka Productions. A group of young students in training to become Viking warriors embark ...more
- Mira, Royal Detective (Disney Junior, 2020) is an animated mystery-adventure series written by Becca Topol. A brave and resourceful girl becomes a royal detective in India after solving a mystery ...more