The uses for Coca Cola are nearly endless and stretch way further than a refreshing beverage on a hot day. From the cleaning applications to the cooking uses and even those in the shower and garden, Coke is much more than a tasty drink. Check out the unconventional and practical uses for cola right here and vote for your favorites below.
Made up of a secret blend of ingredients, Coca Cola is a favorite beverage around the globe. Those same ingredients, however, have a number of uses around the house including for cleaning, like in the toilet, under the hood of your car and in the laundry, rust removal, like to make pennies shiny and new again, and even for smell removal, like when the dog gets sprayed by that pesky skunk.
But the uses for Coke do not end there. You can bake with it, like when roasting meat or making brownies. It will repel bugs, in your kitchen or in your garden. Heck, you can even curl your hair with the sticky sweet substance.So the next time you grab an ice cold cola, don’t just savor the deliciousness inside, remember all the fun things—Mentos anyone?—you can do with the awesomeness of Coca Cola.
Cleaning and Stain Removal
While it can be argued that the acid in cola can rot your teeth, it is also incredibly useful to clean and remove stains with that same acid a powerful weapon for cleaning. It may seem odd to use a sticky substance like cola for cleaning, but don’t knock it until you try it.• Add Coke to the laundry to help remove stains from clothing.
• Dump a can of cola into the toilet and allow to sit for an hour, then scrub to remove stains.
• Empty a couple large bottles of Coke into the pool to help remove rust stains.
• Rub or pour cola on windows in place of window cleaner then wipe clean.
• Pour onto tile grout, allot to sit for a few then wipe clean.
• Easily remove blood stains from carpet, clothing, walls or flooring by pouring a little on the stain then scrubbing clean.
• Pour cola on oil stains on flooring or wood, allow to sit and wipe clean.
In the way-more-fun-compared-to-cleaning column, cola plus Mentos candy can provide a great deal of incredibly messy good times. As chronicled in multiple Internet videos, when you drop Mentos into a two-liter bottle of soda, magical things happen.To duplicate the wizardry, open a two-liter bottle of soda, preferably outside or in a space that can be easily cleaned. Open a roll of Mentos candy and drop them in. Step away, unless you want to get covered in sticky soda, then enjoy the chemical reaction as the cola flies toward the skies above.
While it’s (mostly) gentle on your insides, Coca Cola can do wonders against rust including cleaning rusty metals, loosening bolts and cleaning car battery terminals. Then again, after you realize just how powerful cola is on rust and metal, you might think again about putting it in your body.• Pour cola on rusted items then wait until the rust is removed.
• Soak coins in Coke to make them shiny and new-looking again.
• Loosen stuck bolts by dousing the bolt in cola and waiting until loose.
• Clean car engines with cola, placing it in a spray bottle to reach tight spaces. Rinse well.
• Shine chrome using a soft cloth moistened with Coke.
• Remove dark stains from pots and pans by soaking them in cola.
• Clean car battery terminals by carefully pouring Coke on the affected areas.
Treat Tummy Troubles
While how healthy consuming that much sugar in beverages is up for debate, there are some health benefits to Coca Cola. As prescribed by some doctors, Coke can be great for an upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea and even a sore throat.Open a can of Coke and let it go flat. Sip it slowly then sit back and ponder how something that can remove rust can also help make your tummy feel better.