No matter how great your significant other is, almost everyone has been disappointed on Valentine's Day at least once in their lives. Thanks to all the media hype, there's no way the real V-Day can live up to the expectations we create in our heads. Chocolates, roses, and candlelit dinners may be the norm in movies and on TV, but real Valentine's Day traditions are usually more obligation than romance.
To make you feel a little better about all those times you spent Valentine's Day celebrating with The Notebook or a "fancy dinner" at White Castle, we’ve gathered a collection of Valentine’s Day expectation vs. reality photos to assure you that you are not alone in your Valentine’s Day disappointment.
So whether you’re a little nervous about upcoming Valentine’s Day plans or are still trying to get over V-Days past, you can at least find comfort in camaraderie. Although we may not be able to fix whatever disasters have befallen you before, we can offer you the precious reassurance that you’re not alone.
1. When He Says He's Got the Drinks CoveredPhoto: flickr / CC0
2. When You Hear That Knock at the DoorPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
3. When You Experience a Kiss So Romantic It Brings You to TearsPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
4. When You Use Pinterest to Cook Him a Special, Manly BreakfastPhoto: flickr / CC0
5. When You Take Her Out on a Romantic Sunset CruisePhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
6. When You Express Your New Love with a Thoughtful CardPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License