A list of vegetables that are technically fruits. These are edible plants in which the leaves, stems, flowers, or roots are edible. This list does not include edible plants that are funguses, seeds, or treated as fruits. Something to consider: the word vegetable is based on culinary tradition. It is not scientific. Edible plants traditionally used to make savory dishes are typically considered vegetables. Many edible fruits are nonetheless regarded as vegetables.That said, some vegetables are occasionally used to also make sweet dishes, such as carrots, rhubarb, and even avocados. While some of the vegetables on this list may be eaten raw, more often than not, vegetables are cooked. So whether you're a vegetarian, vegan, or just a well rounded carnivore, enjoy this list of vegetables that are actually fruits.
- Latin Name: Persea americana
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Latin Name: Momordica charantia
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Latin Name: Cucumis sativus
- Latin Name: Cucurbita spp.
- Latin Name: Praecitrullus fistulosus
- Latin Name: Physalis philadelphica
- Latin Name: Solanum lycopersicum var
West Indian gherkinLatin Name: Cucumis anguria
- Latin Name: Benincasa hispida