A list of vegetables that are technically fruits. These are edible plants in which the leaves, stems, flowers, or roots are edible. This list does not include edible plants that are funguses, seeds, or treated as fruits. Something to consider: the word vegetable is based on culinary tradition. It is not scientific. Edible plants traditionally used to make savory dishes are typically considered vegetables. Many edible fruits are nonetheless regarded as vegetables.That said, some vegetables are occasionally used to also make sweet dishes, such as carrots, rhubarb, and even avocados. While some of the vegetables on this list may be eaten raw, more often than not, vegetables are cooked. So whether you're a vegetarian, vegan, or just a well rounded carnivore, enjoy this list of vegetables that are actually fruits.
- 1Latin Name: Persea americana
- 2Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- 3Latin Name: Momordica charantia
- 4Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- 5Latin Name: Cucumis sativus
- 7Latin Name: Cucurbita spp.
- 9Latin Name: Praecitrullus fistulosus
- 10Latin Name: Physalis philadelphica
- 11Latin Name: Solanum lycopersicum var
West Indian gherkinLatin Name: Cucumis anguria
- 13Latin Name: Benincasa hispida