The Best Jumping Characters In Gaming History
One of the more delightful aspects of playing video games is jumping. That may seem silly, but really, you're never going to jump from one building to the next in real life, so being able to do that in a video game is pretty darn fun. Over the years there have been many video game characters who jump just a little bit better than the others. So we hopped at the opportunity to create a list of these leaping playable characters. Vote up your favorite jumpers and vote down the ones you think didn't jump as well as the others.
One of the more obvious choices has to be Batman, particularly in Arkham Knight. Being able to launch yourself from the Batmobile and fly high over the city is thrilling in a way that never gets old. Then there's Alucard, from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, one of the best jumping video game characters out there. That goes double if you get the double jump upgrade for him. With all of these characters, it's hard to choose the best one!Lots of characters have hops, but these characters jump best. Take a look at our list of video game characters that jump, vote to determine the best jumper in all of gaming, and if you've played as all these characters, rerank the whole list! If there's a hopping hero who really ought to be on the list, go ahead and add them!
- Super Mario World, Super Mario Strikers, Super Mario Land
- Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Sonic Rush
- Super Mario Strikers, Super Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros.
- Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Soulcalibur V, Assassin's Creed II