This list of serial killers and their signs is focused on Virgo killers. There are many infamous Virgo serial killers, such as "The Dating Game Killer" Rodney Alcala, and Paul Bernardo, one-half of the Ken and Barbie Killers. Below you will find serial killers born in August and serial killers born in September, as the Virgo sign includes everyone born between August 23 and September 22.
Virgos are known for being sensitive, loyal, creative, patient, and practical. However, like many on this list, they can also be single-minded, critical, stubborn, picky, uptight, and can overthink things. For example, Ed Gein is one of the well-known Virgo serial killers. He was known for the collection of... "art" found in his home upon his arrest. Of course, his projects were all made of human bones and skin. Albert DeSalvo, also known as the Boston Strangler, is another Virgo killer.
Is Virgo the zodiac sign with the most murders? No, that honor might belong to Scorpio serial killers. Read more about serial killer zodiac signs below, as well as by checking out lists for other signs, such as Cancer serial killers.
Birthday: August 27, 1906
Serial killer name: The Butcher of Plainfield, The Plainfield Ghoul, The Mad Butcher
- Ed Gein was sensitive, and very close to his overbearing, strictly religious mother. After her death, he was single-minded in his pursuit of dead bodies, whether he stole them from the cemetery or killed someone himself.
- Some might call Gein creative, as he made art and decor - such as bowls made from human skulls - from the remains of his victims.
- Gein inspired many films, documentaries, and fictional characters. He was an inspiration for Norman Bates from Pyscho, Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Buffalo Bill from The Silence of the Lambs.
- Birthplace: Wisconsin, United States of America
Birthday: August 23, 1943
Serial killer name: The Dating Game Killer
- Rodney Alcala earned his name because at the height of his killing spree, the bold murderer appeared on - and won - the 70s TV show, The Dating Game.
- He was overconfident, but it worked out in his favor, because had the producers actually done a background check, they would have discovered Alcala had already spent three years in prison for raping and beating an eight-year-old child.
- Thankfully, after the episode ended, the bachlorette found Alcala creepy, and denied going on a date with him. That gut reaction probably saved her life.
- The Dating Game rejection likely fueled Alcala's hatred of women, with the strong-willed murderer later claiming he had killed between 50 and 100 women.
- He is insanely arrogant, self-publishing a book from prison called You, the Jury, in which he proclaims his innocence.
- Alcala still sits on death row in Corocoran State Prison, in California.
- Birthplace: San Antonio, Texas
- Photo: Wikipedia / Murderpedia
Birthday: August 27, 1964
Serial killer name: Schoolgirl Killer, The Scarborough Rapist, and [1/2 of] the Ken and Barbie Killers
- Paul Bernardo developed dominant, dark sexual fantasies.
- He was picky and stubborn, demanding his girlfriend - and partner-in-crime, Karla Homolka - bring him the exact victims he wanted, including her own little sister.
- Birthplace: Scarborough, Toronto, Canada
Birthday: August 23, 1936
Serial killer name: The Confession Killer, The Highway Stalker
- Infamously vain, Henry Lee Lucas earned the name "The Confession Killer" after he was arrested in 1983. He talked about his crimes to anyone who would listen, and ended up confessing to thousands of murders, though police could only definitively connect him to two.
- Lucas was bold and overconfident, later claiming he taught partner Otis Toole how to switch up his m.o. to make it harder to get caught.
- He was fierce and full of anger. At just 23 years old, he killed his own mother after the two got into an argument.
- In the Toole-Lucas pairing, the latter seemed to be the more dominant one. He eventually abandoned Toole for his 12-year-old niece, though he later killed her, too, after the pair got into an argument while on the run.
- Lucas knew how to game the system, and even admitted that he confessed to so many murders because the confessions would get him extra privileges in prison.
- In the end, police closed 213 cold cases based on Lucas and Toole's confessions.
- Lucas was sentenced to death for his crimes, though in 1998, George W. Bush commuted his sentence to life in prison. He died from heart failure at age 64, while in prison in Texas.
- Birthplace: Blacksburg, Virginia, United States of America