Waffle House recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Waffle House menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Waffle House, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Waffle House popular food, so you can bring these exotic tastes to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Making Waffle House recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Waffle House recipes from around the Web.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.
Waffle House Waffles
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl; stir to combine.
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Lightly beat egg in another medium bowl; add sugar, butter, and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add half & half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the dry flour mixture to wet mixture while beating; mix until smooth.
- Cover and chill overnight or at least 1-2 hours before usage.
- Making waffles: Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on a waffle iron; preheat waffle iron.
- Leave batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter into waffle iron; cook for 3-4 minutes or until waffles are light brown. Batter makes 6 waffles.21931Would you try this?
Waffle House Hash Browns
4 cups shredded potatoes, peeled- Place potatoes in a 2-quart bowl; add salt.
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup ice
vegetable oil, for frying
- Pour ice and add water to cover potatoes; stir to mix salt and ice in the potatoes.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place shredded potatoes in a colander and rinse with cool tap water; drain completely.
- To prepare, heat a large skillet on medium heat; add enough vegetable oil to lightly cover bottom.
- When skillet is hot, place drained shredded potatoes in skillet; fry until crisp for 12-15 minutes without turning.
- When golden, flip carefully and fry 2-3 additional minutes; do not cover or stir hash browns while frying.10332Would you try this?
2 eggs- In a blender, beat eggs, milk, and oil until frothy; stir all dry ingredients together until well mixed.
2 cups milk
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients; pour wet mixture into well, then stir just until mix is moistened.
- Spoon onto a hot waffle maker; cook until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite maple syrup and a heavy pat of butter.5121Would you try this?
Waffle House Chili
2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans (not drained)- Brown hamburger, sausage, and onion together in a saucepan.
1 lb lean hamburger
1/4 lb breakfast sausage
2 cups chopped yellow onions
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon oregano
- Add pinto beans (not drained); add a can of tomato sauce and add enough water to rinse can.
- Add beef bouillon granules; dissolve in 1/4 cup water and add to pan.
- Add salt, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, chili powder and sugar; blend thoroughly.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Makes 4 servings.3413Would you try this?