This. Means. War! Defeat your enemies and vanquish your foes while playing these popular war board games. Battleship, Risk, Stratego, and Axis and Allies are some of the best war board games for kids. Do you have what it takes to lead an army? Command a cavalry? Conquer the opposing teams? Find out by playing these fun war board games!
The games featured on this list include: Risk, Axis and Allies, Memoir ’44, Stratego, Chess, Battleship, Diplomacy, Commanders and Colors: Ancients, Shogun, Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie, BattleLore, Tide of Iron and Warrior Knights. If there’s a game listed here that you think is the absolute best one out there, please share your opinion and vote! Also, please feel free to add any games that aren't already listed.
What's your favorite war board game? Vote up the best battles on the board.
- Five major world powers are struggling for for supreme rulership.
- Earn troops and attack your opponents while defending your own territories. Try to take over the world!
- Use strategic moves and lateral thinking to protect your queen at all costs.
- This strategy board game is all about cunning deception and strategy. Hatch your brilliant plans for world domination and form allies with other players.
- This game teaches Infantry combat on a tactical level.
- Learn about WWII, battle formations, and historical terrain with this game. Do you have what it takes to lead an army?
- The US and the Soviet Union go head to head, each trying to make the world a better place according to their own ideaologies.
- Recreate WWI with this strategic game.
- History comes to life during this strategy game set in the Napoleonic time period.
- Battle it out in the ancient worlds of Carthage and Rome in this fun strategy board game.
- Devise a clever plan to steal the opposing team's flag. Use spies, deception, and battlefeild strategies to conquer all!
- Two players command the Axis and the Allies in this WWII European Theater combat game.
- The player controls the US troops stationed on Omaha Beach and tries to defeat their enemies.
- Players take on the roles of the American Continental Army and Patriots against the British Army and Loyalists. Each side tries to control the provinces, territories, and colonies with the help of American Indians, the French Army, and the German Hessians.
- A strategic recreation of the Second Punic War in which players try to defend the Roman Empire against attacks.
Players in this game assume the role of the great Daimyo with all his troops. Each Daimyo has to develop his kingdom, secure points, and train his armies. The Daimyo with the highest number of points becomes Shogun!
- This two-player game retells the story of the battle between Germany and Russia during WWII.
- Here I Stand is a complex religious game in which players use cards to battle it out during the Protestant Reformation.
- Learn about the combat situations in the Pacific Theater during WWII.