Few film genres have been as prestigious in Hollywood as the war movie. Very often, such films are used to highlight both the brutality of war and the ultimate triumph of the human spirit, a tension which often produces great drama (and, occasionally, a bleak sort of absurdist comedy).
This particular conflict is evident in the sub-genre of the war film, which features a child as the protagonist. The phenomenon of childish innocence put through the relentless meat grinder of war is a compelling one, and it very often adds a further layer of emotional complexity to this already fraught genre.
- 134 VOTESPhoto: Warner Bros. Pictures
- 233 VOTESPhoto: Sovexportfilm
- 319 VOTESPhoto: Columbia Pictures
- 429 VOTESPhoto: Toho
- 530 VOTESPhoto: Warner Bros. Pictures
- 614 VOTESPhoto: Orion Pictures