While Maze Runner and its subsequent films are a thing of the past, fans everywhere seek similar films and TV shows to get their action-thriller fix. When it comes to top dystopian movies, it was no surprise to anyone when Maze Runner smashed the box office upon its release in 2014. The film, based on the 2009 novel of the same name has garnered a significant fan base and now that its two sequels, Maze Runner: Scorch Trials and Maze Runner: The Death Cure have come and gone, you'll be happy to hear there are plenty of TV shows and movies like Maze Runner.
Fortunately, the Sci-Fi action thriller genre is rife with amazing examples in both film and television so there is plenty to watch after Maze Runner. Some of the obvious greats within the genre are the Hunger Games franchise and Indiana Jones, but there are many more to choose from that are similar and amazing. The best aspect of the genre isn't simply the single entries you can watch and enjoy—most of the films found here are but one in a series of movies. That gives you more options to watch after Maze Runner than are presented on this list.
What recommendations do you have for fans of Maze Runner? Don't forget to give your favorites a thumbs up and add any films or shows you think would be fun for fans of Maze Runner.
The Hunger Games FranchiseThe Hunger Games film series consists of four science fiction dystopian adventure films based on The Hunger Games trilogy of novels, by the American author Suzanne Collins. Distributed by Lionsgate and produced by Nina Jacobson and Jon Kilik, it stars Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark, and Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne. Gary Ross directed the first film, while Francis Lawrence directed the next three films.... more on Wikipedia
- Category: The Hunger Games, and 3 more
- 26317Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYThe Divergent Series is a feature film series based on the Divergent novels by the American author Veronica Roth. Distributed by Summit Entertainment and Lionsgate Films, the series consists of four science fiction films set in a dystopian society. They have been produced by Lucy Fisher, Pouya Shabazian, and Douglas Wick and star Shailene Woodley and Theo James as lead characters Beatrice Prior (Tris) and Tobias Eaton (Four), respectively. The supporting cast includes Ansel Elgort, Zoë Kravitz and Miles Teller. The first film in the series was directed by Neil Burger, while the second and third films were directed by Robert Schwentke.... more on Wikipedia
- Category: Divergent, Insurgent, and 1 more
- 3456Photo: The 100 / The 100/Warner Bros.The 100 (The CW, 2014) is an American post-apocalyptic science fiction drama television series developed by Jason Rothenberg, loosely based on the book by Kass Morgan. 97 years after a nuclear devastation has destroyed civilization, a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends one hundred juvenile delinquents back to Earth, in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.... more on Wikipedia
- Category: TV Program
- 4207Fringe (Fox, 2008) is an American science fiction television series created by J. J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman, and Roberto Orci. An F.B.I. agent (Anna Torv) is forced to work with an institutionalized scientist (John Noble) and his son (Joshua Jackson) in order to investigate unexplained occurrences relating to mysteries surrounding a parallel universe.... more on Wikipedia
- Category: TV Program