30+ Maps We Saw In 2021 That Changed How We See The World
Vote up the maps that make you go wide-eyed with awe.
Behold, the power of maps!
Maps are amazing. They can tell us so much with just one image. Historical maps serve as a visual trip to the past, documenting bygone eras and long-forgotten boundaries. Sometimes a map is full of demographic, physical, and spatial information, charting how people and places relate to one another. Then there are sillier maps - ones that offer content about culture, obscure phenomena, and unique characteristics of both inhabited and uninhabited parts of the world.
Whether a map gives you a moment of clarity, makes you chuckle, or provides an entirely new perspective, it's pretty darn useful. Take a look at the maps that caught our eyes in 2021 and vote up the ones that grab your attention the most.
1. The Range Of Flamingos WorldwidePhoto: Phoenix_B_1of3 / Wikimedia Commons / CC0 1.0
2. Topography Of The Mediterranean Sea FloorPhoto: mappdoutofficial / Instagram
3. North America, Africa, And Eurasia Shown To ScalePhoto: Andrew Oakley / NASA World Wind / Wikimedia Commons / Public domain
- Photo: The True Size Of
5. Countries That Do Not Use The Metric SystemPhoto: Unknown / Wikimedia Commons / Public domain
6. The World According To FishPhoto: @TerribleMaps / Twitter