List of the best Will Hay movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Will Hay's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Will Hay movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Will Hay movies will be at the top of the list. Will Hay has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Will Hay movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Will Hay films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Will Hay role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Will Hay performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List is made up of films like Windbag the Sailor and Convict 99."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Will Hay movies?" and "What are the greatest Will Hay roles of all time?"
- Ask a Policeman is a 1939 British comedy film directed by Marcel Varnel which stars Will Hay, Moore Marriott and Graham Moffatt. The title comes from the popular music hall song Ask a Policeman. The ...more
- Oh, Mr Porter! is a British comedy film starring Will Hay with Moore Marriott and Graham Moffatt and directed by Marcel Varnel. While not Hay's most commercially successful, it is probably his ...more
- Good Morning, Boys is a 1937 British comedy film directed by Marcel Varnel and featuring Will Hay, Martita Hunt, Lilli Palmer and Peter Gawthorne. It was made at the Gainsborough Studios in Islington.
- Where's That Fire? is a 1940 British comedy film, produced by Twentieth Century Fox, directed by Marcel Varnel and starring Will Hay, Moore Marriott and Graham Moffatt. It was the last film Will Hay ...more
- Boys Will Be Boys is a 1935 British comedy film directed by William Beaudine which stars Will Hay, Gordon Harker and Jimmy Hanley. The film is set at Narkover School, where headmaster Doctor Alec ...more
- The Ghost of St. Michael’s is a 1941 British comedy-thriller film, produced by Ealing Studios.
- Convict 99 is a 1938 British comedy film directed by Marcel Varnel and starring British comedian Will Hay and Googie Withers.
- The Goose Steps Out is a British comedy film released in 1942. This film starred, and was co-directed by, the British comedian Will Hay. He shared directorial credit with Basil Dearden whose first ...more
- My Learned Friend is a 1943 British, black-and-white, comedy, farce, directed by Basil Dearden with regular collaborator Will Hay and starring Ronald Shiner as the Man in Wilson's café, Will Hay as ...more
- Windbag the Sailor is a British comedy film directed by William Beaudine, starring Will Hay in the title role. The film marked the first appearance of the famous team of Hay, Moffatt and Marriott.
- The Black Sheep of Whitehall is a 1942 British black-and-white comedy war film, directed by Will Hay and Basil Dearden, and; starring Will Hay as Professor Will Davis, John Mills and Basil Sydney. It ...more
- Old Bones of the River is a comedy film released in 1938 starring British actor Will Hay with Moore Marriott and Graham Moffatt and directed by Marcel Varnel. The film is a spoof of the 1935 movie, ...more
- Go to Blazes is a short 1942 British information film, produced by the Ministry of Information, directed by Walter Forde and starring Will Hay and Thora Hird.
- Those Were the Days is a 1934 British film primarily remembered as Will Hay's first major screen role. It was based on Sir Arthur Wing Pinero's 1885 farce The Magistrate and was the first of two Hay ...more
- Radio Parade of 1935, released in the USA as Radio Follies, is a British comedy film directed by Arthur B. Woods and starring Will Hay, Clifford Mollison and Helen Chandler.
- Dandy Dick is a 1935 British comedy film starring Will Hay. It was based on the 1887 play Dandy Dick by Arthur Wing Pinero. It is the second and last of his films to be based on a play by Arthur Wing ...more
- Hey! Hey! USA is a 1938 British comedy film starring comedian Will Hay, Edgar Kennedy and Eddie Ryan. Hay appears as Benjamin Twist, a porter who accidentally finds himself on a ship bound for the ...more
- The Big Blockade is a 1942 British black-and-white war propaganda film in the style of dramatised documentary. It is directed by Charles Frend and stars Will Hay, Leslie Banks, Michael Redgrave and ...more
- Charley's (Big-Hearted) Aunt is a 1940 British comedy film directed by Walter Forde starring Arthur Askey and Richard Murdoch as Oxford 'scholars'. The film is one of many to be made based on the ...more