The Worst Hairstyles in NHL History
There are a lot of athletes with bad hair, and the world of hockey is no exception. Ice hockey is an incredibly tough game and needs players who are just crazy enough, especially at the highest level, that they come with some of the most unique personalities in sports. This individual style unfortunately extends to what they've got going on under the helmet - and from mullets, to crazy curls, and long, luscious locks, the hockey players here have the absolute worst hair in NHL hockey.
Hockey players are courageous, reckless, wild and not afraid to show any of these characteristics. They are also not afraid of showing off their spectacular dental work, uniquely manicured facial hair, and the bad hairstyles of, well, about what you'd expect from pro hockey stars. Hair in the NHL always has been, and always will be, something to behold.
On any given NHL game night, the arena will almost certainly feature a couple of spectacular mullets, some awful helmet hair, some questionable decisions and, generally speaking, the worst hairstyles in not only the NHL, but in the entire sporting landscape.Whether it's the all-time classic curly mullet of Jaromir Jagr or the unique styling of modern day stars like Patrick Kane and Drew Doughty, the National Hockey League is sure to produce some of the worst hairstyles in all of sports history.
- 1246 VOTESPhoto: Sarah Connors / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 2.0Okay, it was for charity, so being too hard on Brad Marchand isn't totally fair. That being said, the 3/4 shaved dome, with a loose, stringy mullet in the back is about as bad as it gets.
- 2206 VOTESPhoto: Horge / Wikimedia Commons / Public DomainMike Commodore has fiery red hair, and lots of it. No matter how he wears it, he qualifies for this list.
- 3194 VOTESPhoto: Ivan Makarov / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0George Parros has done a number of things to his hair, but the picture above gives you a pretty good idea of his dedication to making sure his hair is one of the highlights of any night on the ice.
- 4140 VOTESPhoto: Michael Miller / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0Long, wavy, stringy, red hair makes yet another appearance on this list. The popularity and volume of this look in the NHL is astounding.
- 5165 VOTESPhoto: Mary Moline / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0Patrick Kane made an impact on the ice early in his career and became an Internet sensation off the ice because of his hair. Only a hockey player could pull off lines on the side and a tightly cropped, curly mullet in the back.
- 6113 VOTES
Bobby NystromPhoto: New York Islanders / Wikimedia Commons / Public DomainImagine Burt Reynolds wearing a New York Islanders sweater while on skates. Add in long, flowing hair and you have Bobby Nystrom. The long hair and mustache look was the big thing back in the old days of the NHL.