Although the Screen Actors Guild Awards have only been around for 18 years, they have already set themselves up as a major indicator in both the Oscars and Emmys race. But in this wild award season ride of shameless campaigning, studio mudslinging and voter sentimentality, the SAG Awards have called the wrong shots here and there, awarding fine actors for roles in overhyped and overwrought movies that you'll probably forget about until you uncover them in the Wal Mart bargain bin. Some were popular votes, others were simply misguided, and a few are serious "WTF?" head scratchers. And, whatever your taste might be, we can all agree that "Crash" is the worst winner of any and every award in award show history.
- 1Mars Attacks!, Ed Wood, Footloose2001; "Sex and the City"
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation2004; CAST: Gary Dourdan, George Eads, Jorja Fox, Paul Guilfoyle, Robert David Hall, Marg Helgenberger, William Petersen, Eric Szmanda
- 3The Blind Side, Gravity, Crash2009; "The Blind Side"
- 4Until the Night2004; CAST: Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Sandra Bullock, Don Cheadle, Matt Dillon, Jennifer Esposito, William Fichtner, Brendan Fraser, Terrence Howard, Thandie Newton, Ryan Phillippe, Larenz Tate
- 5Sex and the City, Dreamgirls, The Three Stooges2006; "Dreamgirls"
- 7Titanic, Misery, The Blind Side1998; "Primary Colors"
- 8The Silence of the Lambs, Taxi Driver, Contact1994; "Nell"
- 9A Nightmare on Elm Street, Platoon, Edward Scissorhands2003; "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl"
- 10Pulp Fiction, Annie Hall, Batman Returns2002; "Catch Me If You Can"
- 11Philadelphia, Jack and Jill, Lone Star2007; "Grey's Anatomy"
- 12The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, X-Men2001; "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the King"